Luck Finally Ran Out!!

Thread: Luck Finally Ran Out!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Glad to hear you are ok.

Please, if you could post as your claim moves along. I was rear ended and thrown off my B a little while back. I have Allstate as well and around the same mileage you have. I however do NOT want them to total my bike. Damage is mostly to the plastic and crash bars. I know it can add up but if I can steer repairs in order to keep it, that would be my preference. This bike and I have a relationship that I am not ready to let go.

Sorry to hijack your thread....

A pic of the young girl who tried to kill me. Phone still in-hand. Ride safe, everyone.
    Last edited by P.Sutton; 12-08-2020 at 04:25 PM.

I was rear ended in April of 2019. Couldn't believe how well the crash bars protect the bike as it slid down the road with me hanging on.
    Dealer estimated $8800.00 to repair. Bike is a 2013 Deluxe and had 24000 miles on the clock.
    State Farm wanted it totaled and offered me $12,500.00 (incl accessories). I wanted the bike fixed since the only damage was the left rear saddlebag and lid and crash bars scratched up. No frame or mechanical damage.
    I found a small garage that specializes in custom car painting that did the repairs for $4,000.00 complete. State Farm agreed paid it and I couldn't be happier.
    My bike was bought new and I couldn't get a new bike for anywhere near their offer.
    My bike now has 35,000 miles and I am glad I kept it.
    Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    Glad to hear you are ok.

Please, if you could post as your claim moves along. I was rear ended and thrown off my B a little while back. I have Allstate as well and around the same mileage you have. I however do NOT want them to total my bike. Damage is mostly to the plastic and crash bars. I know it can add up but if I can steer repairs in order to keep it, that would be my preference. This bike and I have a relationship that I am not ready to let go.

Sorry to hijack your thread....

A pic of the young girl who tried to kill me. Phone still in-hand. Ride safe, everyone.
    Not a hijack, same type of problem. I don't care if they total mine or not. Both crash bars, front and rear are toast on the left side. Nose plastic including the lights are toast. Front fender is gone and one side cover (black one over the coolant dipstick) is gone. Not sure where it went. My concern will be the front forks. I just had them rebuilt, new fluid and a new steering head bearing in May of this year. They old girl handled like she did when I got her. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the adjuster and then about 45 minutes with the service manager concerning what I would like. The adjuster asked me what I felt about it. I said if it gets fixed I want those front end parts examined thoroughly. He agreed. The service manager did not think it was totaled, however if it is they don't make much money.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my well being. I'm still pretty sore and the road rash is a pain in the a$$. It could have been worse. Won't decide on what to do about a bike until I find out what they are doing with the 6.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.