Does the black F6B grow on you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does the black F6B grow on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Black also looks low, fast and a buddy says, Sinister..
    Get the black one..
    My black 6 has been described as Sinister as well. De-badging and a dark tint windshield enhanced this.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I wouldn't want to be you, maybe if the colors represented something, that might help.
    Awesome response. (although, another could post a cheetah for yellow....)

But to the OP, get whatever you know you'll be happy with if you know it's going to be a long term bike. I would've went with the yellow if the wife didn't prefer the black. That's what it took to get the 6 and I'm happy with it. All my past bikes have been black anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I have found that every time that I have "settled", that I have never really been happy with the decision.

I've spent an awful lot of money trying to get whatever it was I had bought, to where I really wanted it to be. And then was still not really happy.

No More.

I only have so much time left on this planet. I get what I want.

YMMV
    Those are some very wise words. I feel exactly the same way. Whenever I settle I wish later I would have been patient and gotten exactly what I wanted. The black ones look beautiful when the paint is perfect, however that lasts about a minute. The Honda Glare product worked the best for me regarding the scratches but if your picky, like others have said that soft black paint is probably going to drive you crazy over time. My 2001 black Valkyrie Interstate that I owned for 12 years looked better the day I traded it in than my 2013 F6B did on the showroom floor.

I have also reached the point in my life I get what I want and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. If it's what I want and enjoy, that's what is important to me.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

I love my black F6B to me that is the right color for that bike.
    I like bright shiny vehicles. The flat colors are ok but not my style.
    Yes it is more work kepting a black bike clean.
    I'm retired now but if I was still working with my black bike sitting outside for 11 hours a day I would have to buy a work bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    I'm getting ready to buy a new 2013 or 2014 leftover (fits my budget) but the color choices are a tough call. My local dealer had a yellow (my first choice) standard at a great price but I hesitated for a few days and of course it was sold. Yellow is now pretty scarce. Dealer says they can find me a red 2013 (second choice) but unless it's in a crate it could be a bit worse for the wear coming from another shop. Which leaves the black 2014 at my dealer, who I'd like to do business with. The only black bike in my 45 year collection (1999 Triumph Daytona 1200 SP) was tempered a little by those gorgeous gold wheels. The F6B is all black and while it does have a certain stealthy, put together look to it, this is going to be a long-term keeper and I want to be happy every time I open the garage door. So, am I making too much out of nothing, or have any of you folks struggled with the same issue? Have to say that I really like the 2015 blue but the black pipes don't do it for me. Thanks for any input.
    I came from a Candy Red bike before this. If Honda made an F6B in that color, I would have waited and searched for it. I didn't fit the regular Goldwing in that color because of the driver's seat. And there were 2 nearby that were for sale in that color.

The local dealership had a red F6B, but at regular pricing. No deal to be had there, and it wasn't a Candy red. So I went with the black: combination of the right bike, came with added accessories I would have wanted myself, great pricing, a lightly used 2013, with warranty remaining. And I got to ride it home.

The black has definitely grown on us, despite both of us loving that previous Candy red. I find now that I am smiling every time the garage door opens.
    Great price, great bike, & brings a smile to my face.

And it's a rocket, freight train, gentleman tourer, grandpa's sport bike (I am a grandpa after all) all in one.

Great responses! Thank you. Still kicking myself for missing the yellow 14 at Des Plaines Honda. A guy traded his Harley in on it. You snooze, you lose! A red 13 might be the good option. No difference between the two except for the transmission upgrade I've been reading about on here.

I have liked the black from the get-go .....

Also, it matches my wife's new bike ....

Attachment 21378

and there's always the option of finding the lowest cost F6B you can, and having it painted exactly how you want it later on.

Yellow one available

Great responses! Thank you. Still kicking myself for missing the yellow 14 at Des Plaines Honda. A guy traded his Harley in on it. You snooze, you lose! A red 13 might be the good option. No difference between the two except for the transmission upgrade I've been reading about on here.
    Yellow Deluxe (new) for sale at Competition Accessories, Honda dealer in Springfield, OH. Selling for 16,999. I have (and love) the yellow. Get what you really want, jump on this!! Good Luck. Found it on cycle trader.

I would get the one that you really want and not to compromise and be sorry later....BTW, the so-called "up grade" in the transmission is only a coating on the 4/5 gears in a effort to supposedly stop the infamous "ghost shifting" some have said they have...My 2013 has had no such issues so far and I love the thing....Although I did have it custom painted at the dealer Brandywine Candy Red....Ride safe

Get what you want! Have your dealer go get what you want!!! Mine did !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com