My turn - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My turn

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    By the time we meet up, I'll be near expert....lol
    Good cause I can use some pointers. I learned all my skills from Stro. Nuff said.

Maiden ride

No shock to anyone here...my first ride tonight was the best first ride I ever had.

First impression as I started her up and put in gear....smooth as silk and no clunk into first. Every gear change smooth. Took me a bit to get comfy leaning into a turn, but after a few miles, much improved. I hadn't been on a bike since April,2014.

As far as the windshield....I was extremely impressed at how little I FELT the wind with the shorty. I could hear it, but had very little buffeting that I could really complain about. Now, I came off an M109 with no shield or fairing at all, so that could be one reason.

Next, my legs and hands never felt cold one bit and I rode tonight out on the highway hitting 70, in complete darkness, started out at 50 degrees, probably ended around 48 or so. I did prepare for the cold too...that helps.

My one, and it's hardly a complaint, because it will come with getting familiar with the bike....I couldn't see any of the control buttons. I felt that they should be backlit. I left the manual in the bike, and haven't read up on anything, so I hope I didn't miss something that's hiding about that. Since my whole ride was at night, it stood out a lot. I wanted to try the cruise but was afraid to touch anything.

Lastly, I can't wait to hop on her again!

Sorry, no pics yet....too dark....too excited to remember.

shooter
    Way to go buddy. Not one to really talk bad about other bikes , but , the F6B is head and shoulders above the 9 in most categories. Don't forget I still own and ride an exceptional 9. The B will out corner , out handle , out stop , and out ride the 9 all day long. The more you ride it the more you will love it. Its a runner and you can lay it over. I'm proud for you. I know its been a tough journey. Congratulations. Go ahead and go out and look at it again. You know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Way to go buddy. Not one to really talk bad about other bikes , but , the F6B is head and shoulders above the 9 in most categories. Don't forget I still own and ride an exceptional 9. The B will out corner , out handle , out stop , and out ride the 9 all day long. The more you ride it the more you will love it. Its a runner and you can lay it over. I'm proud for you. I know its been a tough journey. Congratulations. Go ahead and go out and look at it again. You know you want to.
    Thanks shooter. I would go out and look again, but I garage her in the town over at a friends house. No place to keep it here and it's MUCH cheaper than city rates on insurance. I'm just getting started, and can't wait to really get the feel. The 9 guys would never believe you, would they. I said it many times....I loved the 9, but I feel that this is the bike for me...even more so after a first ride.

Forgot to mention...I don't need a TRE either!

For what it's worth....I read on this forum that the first oil change recommended by Honda is 8,000. My manual says first one at 4,000, then every 8,000 after that. Air cleaner every 12,000. Pages 125/126 of the 2015 owners manual.

shooter
    If you will look at the manual it has a schedule for severe duty. Stop and go traffic , extended hwy use , dusty or dirty conditions. Sound familiar? For these circumstances change at 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    If you will look at the manual it has a schedule for severe duty. Stop and go traffic , extended hwy use , dusty or dirty conditions. Sound familiar? For these circumstances change at 4000.
    Regular maintenance schedule shooter...It's not a big deal, I'll do it then go to 8,000, but it's in the new book this way.

Attachment 17586Attachment 17584

Proof of ownership?

Here she is. First time in daylight. Rough conditions, high winds, but a very nice ride today. Lots more coming tomorrow and Monday, where I'm going to play hooky from work. It's going to be too nice a day to let pass by. Ok, it's not hooky...I have time to take.

Attachment 17647
    Not very happy with the dealer. I found the right hand rail loose, no key id tag as the manual says you should receive, both tires were severely low on air, and they really never detailed the bike. I have no proof that they did the recall either....makes me wonder when I find little things wrong. Checking air pressure isn't fun either. I see a center stand in my future, or I'll have to jack it up each time. I'm not laying on the ground anymore!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Congrats! Stay away from the KFC that stuff will kill ya!
    And for the record the blue is faster

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Congrats! Stay away from the KFC that stuff will kill ya!
    And for the record the blue is faster
    You're correct on one point....I haven't been in a KFC in a year!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.