need cruiser peg advice from short legged riders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need cruiser peg advice from short legged riders

need cruiser peg advice from short legged riders

Hey....Shaker here, new owner as of 7/30....need advice from F6B riders that are "inseam challenged"(short legged...28 to 30 inch levi inseams) about ordering new cruiser pegs for my new bike....would appreciate any advice you canthrow out there....

Would like to know if the Kuryakyn Ergo II cruiser set up w/ 6" arms (kuryakyn #4056) might work?? anyone who has 28" inseam...5'8" tall....jump right in there

Also...if anyone has these Ergo II 6" arm cruiser pegs...and....a Mustang plain tripper seat (76840 mustang #) PLEASE let me in on your expertise and feelings about the combo...

Lastly....need advice on a pair of saddlebag liners that fit real good w/ F6B bags...I know that Honda makes a pair....but there should be something out there for less than $ 90 ????

Thanks everyone...I need your views, opinions and advice....Shaker...PS yes I have owned Harleys...but nickname came before that ....

Hey Shaker,
    At 5'8" & 28" inseam I am right there with ya. First of all, are you sure that you need highway pegs? I had Kury 4050's with the long arms on my Valkyrie mounted as close to the seat as possible and I still couldn't reach them comfortably. In 16 yrs I probably used the pegs maybe a dozen times and then I wasn't that comfortable. Having short legs, I have found that I am perfectly happy with the position of the stock pegs. I can ride from Northern Indiana to the Smokies and use only the stock rider pegs. I have thought about Mik O Pegs but from reading their website, I'm not sure they would work for me either. If I'm on a long trip & feel the need to relax my knees a bit, I just dangle my feet & rest my calves against the pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    Hey....Shaker here, new owner as of 7/30....need advice from F6B riders that are "inseam challenged"(short legged...28 to 30 inch levi inseams) about ordering new cruiser pegs for my new bike....would appreciate any advice you canthrow out there....

Would like to know if the Kuryakyn Ergo II cruiser set up w/ 6" arms (kuryakyn #4056) might work?? anyone who has 28" inseam...5'8" tall....jump right in there

Also...if anyone has these Ergo II 6" arm cruiser pegs...and....a Mustang plain tripper seat (76840 mustang #) PLEASE let me in on your expertise and feelings about the combo...

Lastly....need advice on a pair of saddlebag liners that fit real good w/ F6B bags...I know that Honda makes a pair....but there should be something out there for less than $ 90 ????

Thanks everyone...I need your views, opinions and advice....Shaker...PS yes I have owned Harleys...but nickname came before that ....
    I can't help you with the pegs set up but I want to bring this matter up because I just went through it. If you bought your F6B new on 7/30, you should be eligible for Honda's $1,000 accessories promotion. I understand that it was an offer covering purchases in July. I bought mine on 7/5 and this promo never came up. I learned of the incentive here and called my dealer back 4 days ago. They contacted Honda and I was told that my 2013 left over was a qualified purchase. 2 days ago, I went in with a list of $1,000 worth of Honda accessories. Check into it ASAP. The offer said that the parts had to be ordered at the time of purchase. I am proof that they can honor it after the fact.

I am also inseam challenged and have tried rider pegs on a couple different bikes and rarely used them at all...As said on an above post, I would ride the bike for a while as is and see how it goes..I have had mine now for 10 months and really like the standard peg set-up along with the lower Mustang seat it works great for me....Good Luck

"Lastly....need advice on a pair of saddlebag liners that fit real good w/ F6B bags...I know that Honda makes a pair....but there should be something out there for less than $ 90 ????"

I kinda bypassed this portion of your post until now. Are you talking about liners that make it possible to just grab your saddlebag contents & carry into a hotel/motel while traveling? If so, how about some nylon gym bags from Wal Mart or a sporting goods store. Works for me.

Cruiser Pegs

You may want to consider the ERGO IIIs, I believe they have a greater range of adjustability. I am 5-7 and they fit me perfectly.

Rich

thanks for input from all....how about Mustang seat?

with my boots on...I am barely flat-footed at a stop sign...for those that are shorter and have the Mustang seat.........Please advise if it does lower the butt an inch?? I have a Mustang seat on my VTX1300C and it has been great for over 50k...

Maybe I should check out previous threads...instead of changing the subject on this one?

Shaker

with my boots on...I am barely flat-footed at a stop sign...for those that are shorter and have the Mustang seat.........Please advise if it does lower the butt an inch?? I have a Mustang seat on my VTX1300C and it has been great for over 50k...

Maybe I should check out previous threads...instead of changing the subject on this one?

Shaker
    I can assure you that the Mustang seat is lower than stock..I had mine installed ,(after a long hassle with the thing) and absolutely love the feel and comfort..I have a short inseam also, getting older, and want the security of flat-footing at stops...I also had a local boot shop put 1/2" higher traction soles and heels on my riding boots and I am now "good-to-go" as they say...

Sshake, I have a 27" inseam and use the mick o pegs and really like them. A little pricey but very high quality and you can get them in black. Give them a call, they are very helpful in choosing the right model.

thanks again for input

Thanks for the advice everyone....I think I will put some miles on the new scoot before I buy

I have Dually Iso pegs on my VTX1300C and with short legs, I can hook my boot heels on th front edge of the pegs and stretch out....but the VTX has forward mounted pegs.. wait and see

Oh...I did get the $ 1,000 worth of genuine Honda accessories when I signed....actually got $ 1050 in accessories and the dealer took care of extra $ 50 and the $ 60 sales tax...so I can't complain....he also took care of the labor to mount tall windscreen, backrest and pad, center stand, and Kuryakyn ISO grips and cruise control.....so i"m a happy camper.....

Wish I could figure out how to get those many little icons on my posts ???? Help