Helmet/Bike Camera - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helmet/Bike Camera

Cool Big Thanks

Big THANKS Everyone,

I now know that the GoPro isn't going to be my choice, I'll go have a look at everyone's suggestions.

Paul B....
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I use a GoPro 3 White, and think it's great. The main draw back is working out the settings. They are not easily explained in the online manual. The video quality is great though and you don't have to record in 1080 HD.

I use the Sony Action Cam AS15 (Sony now has newer Action Cams available).

I also mounted it on my helmet following the advice on this YouTube Video "How to go Moto Vlogging with a Sony Action Camera " by Techmoan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839ST...W9gZPVkvzM8_Cw

Here are some pics of my setup

Attachment 7312Attachment 7313Attachment 7314

Hope this Helps - Good luck !!!!

Cool Fantastic Help

Thanks Everyone, this has been a very worthwhile thread for me and has given me lots of great help and advice, just what I expected really. I've decided to start small and I've gone for the Replay XD Mini http://replayxd.com/cameras/replay-xd-1080-mini/ If my endeavours prove successful I'll look at a more expensive piece of kit. Thanks again to everyone who replied, been a great help
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I use the GoPro myself. Would rather have the recording sunglasses though. That's the way I would go if I lost this GoPro, or sold it
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

For my first "action cam", I have decided on the Mobius Mini with wide angle lens. This seems to be a popular choice among the R/C guys due to the small size and light weight. In addition, the videos I've seen taken from vehicles looks very good to me. These are priced under $100 (if you look in the right places). The basic features are: HD video up to 1080P30, 116 degree lens, Micro SD card slot, and LiPo battery. If you're interested in checking this out, here is a good YouTube on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmIyD1fM4M

I haven't received this yet but when I do, in another week or so, I'll post an update. Finally, I definitely could have spent more on an action camera but just to see whether or not this is something I will really use, this seemed like a good one to start with.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I've used the GoPro for years. I'd like to get a newer one but lately I've just been using my iPhone. Whatever camera you get, make sure it has a wide angle view. GoPro sees 150 degrees so it's like actually being there. You get the full view. Here's one of many videos I've made with it. The music is from my sons band in high school and I'm on my old Dyna. I may have posted this before but I can't remember.

Red face Food For Thought

Thanks Guys,

Both posts are full of good info, and I love the music I've gone for the Replay because it's small and is extremely light. I want to try it on my helmet, so I need it to be feather like. Because of my paralysis from the chest down I have no core stability and therefore no balance, so putting a helmet on without core stability means I simply fall forward. My new Shark Evoline 3 is very light and I can get it on without any help, but adding any extra weight to it could tip the balance so to speak. So I'll give this one a go and if I can get good results I'll look at a bigger camera that I can add to the bike. Thanks again for all the info guys.

Looking forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Thanks Guys,

Both posts are full of good info, and I love the music I've gone for the Replay because it's small and is extremely light. I want to try it on my helmet, so I need it to be feather like. Because of my paralysis from the chest down I have no core stability and therefore no balance, so putting a helmet on without core stability means I simply fall forward. My new Shark Evoline 3 is very light and I can get it on without any help, but adding any extra weight to it could tip the balance so to speak. So I'll give this one a go and if I can get good results I'll look at a bigger camera that I can add to the bike. Thanks again for all the info guys.
    Hot damn!!! In no time I'll be riding along w/ ya in Scotland! Can't wait Paul!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Cool Waterproof Too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    Hot damn!!! In no time I'll be riding along w/ ya in Scotland! Can't wait Paul!
    Thanks Greg,

It's 100% waterproof, just what I need. As soon as I get it I'll try it out and put it on here