Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 40
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Well, I do not drink when on the 2-wheeler. Just water or maybe a soda. I save the beer till the riding is done for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Ok, 21, get me started.
    Bird I know why. You are the smartest one in our forum trailer park just like Bubbles!
    I've been trying to install a Goldwing engine in a Walmart shopping cart.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    Had to pass this on because it is true whether someone wants to admit it or not.

You may not like guns.
    That is your right.
    You may not believe in God.
    That is your choice.
    But if someone breaks into your home,
    the first two things you are going to do are...
    1) Call someone with a gun
    2)Pray they get there in time
    I've got another option . Let them take all my junk , claim the check and buy new staff .
    It's un-patriotic to call cops , when they are busy to protect ... another cops .
    Praying proved is useless . If was practical - guns would be useless too .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I've got another option . Let them take all my junk , claim the check and buy new staff .
    It's un-patriotic to call cops , when they are busy to protect ... another cops .
    Praying proved is useless . If was practical - guns would be useless too .
    You have pretty good homeowners insurance if you can take your check and get back to where you were. I'd like some of that action. For me, the mere notion of having to kick in the value of my deductible to restore my home would be enough to make me want to help that fellow achieve his destiny. Like you, however, I would rather not have to deal with it at all. Our only dispute lies in who bears the ultimate responsibility for the safety and sanctity of our respective homes. I think I bear that responsibility for my home, and you are comfortable leaving it all up to the discretion of the guy outside your window.

Your prayer paradox is pretty funny. I hadn't thought of it just that way. Maybe the cart could be in front of the horse, though? Maybe I would pray after the fact.

shooter
    Dead right Bill. I have $1000 dollar deductible. Is the guy outside the window worth $1000? Not to me he's not. I don't owe him anything. He's not worth $1 to me. The minute he decided to prey on me two things happened. He made the biggest mistake of his life , and his life became worthless. I have zero tolerance for thieves. I work hard for what I have and I'm not willing to give up any of it. If you want it , go get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dead right Bill. I have $1000 dollar deductible. Is the guy outside the window worth $1000? Not to me he's not. I don't owe him anything. He's not worth $1 to me. The minute he decided to prey on me two things happened. He made the biggest mistake of his life , and his life became worthless. I have zero tolerance for thieves. I work hard for what I have and I'm not willing to give up any of it. If you want it , go get a job.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Shooter, I think this comes from the mindset that everyone gets a trophy. They are brought up that with the mind set of apathy; that you don’t have to work for what you want, that everything will be given to them. I call them theTAKERS.

My policy is a 1% deductible.

Love that philosophy, let crime happen, my insurance will pay for it. Problem is how do you know the night they kick in your door and you decide to sit on your hands is the night they don't plan on slitting your throat and your families throat. Guess your life insurance will take care of that. Lucky beneficiary.

Step threw my door threshold you have decided to take it to the extreme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE View Post
    Shooter, I think this comes from the mindset that everyone gets a trophy. They are brought up that with the mind set of apathy; that you don’t have to work for what you want, that everything will be given to them. I call them theTAKERS.

The country is made up of three citizens....the producers, the non-producers and the takers. Guess which one the criminals occupy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    My policy is a 1% deductible.

Love that philosophy, let crime happen, my insurance will pay for it. Problem is how do you know the night they kick in your door and you decide to sit on your hands is the night they don't plan on slitting your throat and your families throat. Guess your life insurance will take care of that. Lucky beneficiary.

Step threw my door threshold you have decided to take it to the extreme.
    For me, if I were to sit on my hands and let it all just happen, I could not bear to see how my wife, kids, and grand kids looked at me from that moment forward. What with me assuring them all these years they are safe in our home. I know how I'd look at myself. Thinking about it, screw the money. Fear of that look is more than adequate to inspire some pretty medieval behavior. Plus I'd get to keep my gear.