Insurance pricing
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance pricing

Insurance pricing

So I had Progressive for over 15 years on my Valkyrie. I think it started out around $400 and over the years came down to about $240. In mid 2014 I traded it for new 2013 F6B. My insurance on it was about $500 through Progressive. In September of 2014 I had an accident, not ticketed, and the bike required $10k in repairs. Recently got my renewal and the discount amount if I pay in full is $775.

My house and cars are insured through Allstate. I called Allstate to see about adding my F6B. After providing all the information and them running several checks I now pay less than $300 yearly.

It pays to shop around.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    So I had Progressive for over 15 years on my Valkyrie. I think it started out around $400 and over the years came down to about $240. In mid 2014 I traded it for new 2013 F6B. My insurance on it was about $500 through Progressive. In September of 2014 I had an accident, not ticketed, and the bike required $10k in repairs. Recently got my renewal and the discount amount if I pay in full is $775.

My house and cars are insured through Allstate. I called Allstate to see about adding my F6B. After providing all the information and them running several checks I now pay less than $300 yearly.

It pays to shop around.
    Similar story. I had progressive for 12 years on my 98 Valk about $300 a year, got a C-14 and it went to $400 a year. Dropped the C-14 at 10 MPH and my rate went to $700. No ticket but $3800 in damages. So I shopped around and called a bunch of companies, not much different. Finally I called my credit union because they have a service that shops for Insurance for their customers. Quaram I think is the name of the service. They got insurance for me for $400 and guess who it was through, Progressive!!! So I bought the policy through Quaram and cancelled through progressive. Same coverage and the policy I received in the mail is from Progressive. Who knows how these companies work but I will take the $300 per year!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post

It pays to shop around.
    Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Similar story. I had progressive for 12 years on my 98 Valk about $300 a year, got a C-14 and it went to $400 a year. Dropped the C-14 at 10 MPH and my rate went to $700. No ticket but $3800 in damages. So I shopped around and called a bunch of companies, not much different. Finally I called my credit union because they have a service that shops for Insurance for their customers. Quaram I think is the name of the service. They got insurance for me for $400 and guess who it was through, Progressive!!! So I bought the policy through Quaram and cancelled through progressive. Same coverage and the policy I received in the mail is from Progressive. Who knows how these companies work but I will take the $300 per year!
    This is similar to me also. I had Progressive, got hit last year broadside, cager got ticketed and I'm waiting to settle with them on an under insured other driver situation. They paid off my totaled bike right away, but this process isn't so fast. Guess I should expect a hefty new quote when I do look around again....wondered about this...thanks for sharing.

It is worth shopping around every couple years and sometimes paying a little more for a GOOD broker is worth it. A couple years ago a guy crossed the lines took the mirror off my truck (fortunatly that was the only damage) however never stopped I called 911 and followed him until he stopped with the influence of some red lights and sirens. Turned out he had been in trouble on this road beforeand it was a company truck. The owner paid for my repairs out of pocket but because there was a police report my insurance marked it as an accident and was going to up my rate 600.00 a year even though they didn't pay out anything. Long story short my broker caught this and called me to confirm there was no claim and subsequently kept me at the lower rate as well as periodicly shops better rates as well.

Next to Health Care, especially if your over 70, car/motorcycle insurance is one of the biggest "rip-offs" in our country...Insurance companies need to be more heavily regulated and fined for mis-conduct and taking advantage of those that need insurance...Michigan has the highest rates in the country because of a "bull-shit" no fault law that requires each policy holder to pay into a stupid fund that has over $18 billion currently stashed and no one can touch the money!!Meanwhile we drive on some of the worst roads in the country...and if your over 65 and on Medicare along with private insurance...WATCH-OUT!!!...Since the "Idiot" in the White House dreamed up his "moronic" Obamacare Plan my health care insurance has gone up 75%.....let alone the ridiculous amounts I pay for 2 cars,motorcycle and home policies....Insurance companies "suck"....BTW check the salaries and stock options of the CEO's that run these corrupt companies......Done with my rant......Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Next to Health Care, especially if your over 70, car/motorcycle insurance is one of the biggest "rip-offs" in our country...Insurance companies need to be more heavily regulated and fined for mis-conduct and taking advantage of those that need insurance...Michigan has the highest rates in the country because of a "bull-shit" no fault law that requires each policy holder to pay into a stupid fund that has over $18 billion currently stashed and no one can touch the money!!Meanwhile we drive on some of the worst roads in the country...and if your over 65 and on Medicare along with private insurance...WATCH-OUT!!!...Since the "Idiot" in the White House dreamed up his "moronic" Obamacare Plan my health care insurance has gone up 75%.....let alone the ridiculous amounts I pay for 2 cars,motorcycle and home policies....Insurance companies "suck"....BTW check the salaries and stock options of the CEO's that run these corrupt companies......Done with my rant......Ride safe

Yep, and they're trying to change the no-fault law in Michigan so the insurance companies can get all that money back, then place any health claims on obamacare.
    Forget the roads, they won't fix them in my lifetime and I'm a bit younger than you are.
    I don't think Michigan public servants serve the public anymore.

My last ticket--1986 -- 51 in a 40 zone. My last accident was 1977.

State Farm-- $104 per month
    Liberty Mutual-- $102 per month
    Allstate-- $48 per month
    Progressive-- $37 per month

I do shop around---as you can tell.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yep, and they're trying to change the no-fault law in Michigan so the insurance companies can get all that money back, then place any health claims on obamacare.
    Forget the roads, they won't fix them in my lifetime and I'm a bit younger than you are.
    I don't think Michigan public servants serve the public anymore.
    Your right on my friend...Public servants, that we supposedly elect to serve us, only serve themselves and their "huge" egos anymore. Who or whatever gives them the most money is all they care about...Our entire political system in this country has become nothing more than a bunch of "greedy self serving assholes" that only care about their big pensions, free health care, people to drive them around in cars they don't pay for in any way...etc. etc. Voting has become a joke and almost a waste of time!!!.....Hopefully we have some nice weather this summer and can take a few rides to forget about how lousy our political system has become.....Ride safe

Geico

I have GEICO for my 2000 Valkyrie Interstate (soon to be traded at Honda of Russellville for a 2015 F6BD).
    Premium BEFORE someone knocked it over while it was parked was $244 with $250 deductible. AFTER the settlement of $2,650 the new premium is $214. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Your right on my friend...Public servants, that we supposedly elect to serve us, only serve themselves and their "huge" egos anymore. Who or whatever gives them the most money is all they care about...Our entire political system in this country has become nothing more than a bunch of "greedy self serving assholes" that only care about their big pensions, free health care, people to drive them around in cars they don't pay for in any way...etc. etc. Voting has become a joke and almost a waste of time!!!.....Hopefully we have some nice weather this summer and can take a few rides to forget about how lousy our political system has become.....Ride safe
    It sound like most of my confessions , but weren't they found as an "anti-American" ? Be careful , because you can be sent OUT of this country too . Don't give up and try to vote again , but this time more carefully .