My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    So you guys put in on the glossy parts and the windshield, but leave the matte black and chrome portions untouched?

I have a Black F6B, FWIW.
    Do not put it on the matte. I've waxed chrome before, but not with LG.

Convenient Place to buy?

Sounds like a fantastic product...is it at NAPA or common auto parts stores?

Quote Originally Posted by 1surebet View Post
    Sounds like a fantastic product...is it at NAPA or common auto parts stores?
    Advanced Auto, Auto Zone etc.

Much, Much cheaper on eBay !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I hope this hasn't already been covered.

Will this cover or hide small scuffs or scratches?
    I have had my bike only 6 weeks or so and already have scuffs and scratches all over it.

Steve

Every time you throw your leg over the bike and kick the saddlebag by mistake it seems like it causes a big scuff or scratch.

I wish I had hard leather covered bags like on my old Harley. All they needed was a little leather treatment and they were good as new. Much more forgiving than this cheap paint.

One thing for sure the bike will now match my 1999 Honda Accord and 2001 Acura TL with the clear coat that seems to wash off in the rain. I love these cars and the bike but as good as Honda is at making these vehicles you think they could just pay someone else to paint them. Then they would truly be great!!!

I would use 3M scratch remover before starting the LG......Put on one coat each weekend for a month...they get easier !!! Then you should be fine...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Can I use it on my honda tall windshield?
    I'm not completely sure this is a good idea. I have the Honda tall windshield. After reading on this thread it is okay to use it on the windshield, I did so. On my first ride afterwards, I noticed the windshield didn't have very good optics. It's hard to describe, but it was as if the shield was like those basement window blocks, just with each distortion not as severe and much smaller.
    Attachment 13641
    It is quite possible my windshield was like this all along. When I noticed, I was on my first dusk ride and the light conditions made the distortions more noticeable. But, now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it regardless of lighting conditions. I actually like the Honda tall shield quite a bit, so if I determine I did indeed damage it, I might get another. If it turns out they're all like this, I want to replace it with something that is the exact same height, but I might try a F4 Customs or a Clearview with recurve.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I'm not completely sure this is a good idea. I have the Honda tall windshield. After reading on this thread it is okay to use it on the windshield, I did so. On my first ride afterwards, I noticed the windshield didn't have very good optics. It's hard to describe, but it was as if the shield was like those basement window blocks, just with each distortion not as severe and much smaller.
    Any good wax or a product like LG will make a windshield clearer, if the shield is in good shape, it will look better, if it's bad to start with, who knows. But even a bad shield should look better with a coat. As far as optics, these products don't change optics, they make a hazey plastic clearer. I don't know if I am coming across right. It's not the LG, it's the shield. Wax or LG fills and hides fine scratches. I've used wax and plastic polish on plane windshields and M/C for years. With a Windshield like the Madstad, I could care less about the optics, as I always look over it, but it gets a coat of LG everytime the bike does so that it too will look good.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    As far as optics, these products don't change optics
    Thanks for the info. I figured it was a pretty good chance that it was just a coincidence on noticing the bad optics on the Honda tall shield after using LG. I look over my current shield for the most part, but when I slouch or don't look as far ahead, I'm looking through it. So, I want good optics. I think I'm going to get the 16" F4 with vent. I believe it is the same height as the Honda tall shield, just a little wider. It should solve the only two things I don't like about my current shield - bad optics and easy to scratch. I suspect the F4 will be pretty similar in how it handles the wind.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon