Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie?

Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie?

Hey everyone,
    Any thoughts about the new Valkyrie?

Funny you should ask, I just saw and sat on my first one today. Sorry, but I think it's hideous. For lack of a better term, fugly. If they would have figured out a way to put the radiators in front, instead of on the sides, it would look way better. I didn't like how it felt when I sat on it either. The seat is so low I think it would be harder to shift than the F6B.

I also got to see and sit on the CTX 1300. It feels comfortable, but the handlebars are in the way of the mirrors. The best way I can describe it is funky.

I think the Valkyrie looks tough and cool. Besides, I've always cared more about the motor and how the ride feels than the looks. I love the looks of several harleys, but every time I ride one I quickly change my mind about buying one. I rode the ctx1300 a few weeks ago and was very disappointed in how much they detuned that beautiful st1300 motor. No power. I rode the new Valkyrie last week and was blown away. It seemed much more powerful than my f6b and still gives me the feeling of a luxurious ride. I was concerned about the lack of windscreen and had been waiting to pull the trigger until Honda finally got around to showing me the tall windscreen and other accessories. Well I still haven't seen actual pictures of the accessories, but my dealer was able to show me drawings of them and installation diagrams they give the technicians. I bought a blue one today and it should be in later this week. Im keeping the f6b and st1300 and debating whether or not to trade in a 2002 st1100 and/or a 2005 rune.

Valkyrie

Hi Bigdawg, Thanks for posting your thoughts on the new Valkyrie. This bike has not arrived in the UK yet and we are only getting the deluxe version in Red or Black. Both have abs. Unfortuanately this comes with the chrome dressings whereas the blue you have chosen has black fork legs, engine covers etc. I like the look of the blue bike.
    I am considering the purchase of a Valkyrie or should I say F6C as it will be called in europe! I have a black F6B and love it. I would be grateful to know more details of the accessory drawings your dealer showed you. How does the screen mount, are their panniers for this bike? I am also looking forward to a report on how the Valkyrie rides and a comparison with the F6B.
    Congratulations on your purchase.

I think the new valk is probably one of the best looking bikes out there, and the blue is a really cool color. I now looks are subjective I can't see how someone could conceder it fugly, but I guess someone might think Rosie O'Donnell is hotter then Jessica Alba ! Oh well to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    I think the new valk is probably one of the best looking bikes out there, and the blue is a really cool color. I now looks are subjective I can't see how someone could conceder it fugly, but I guess someone might think Rosie O'Donnell is hotter then Jessica Alba ! Oh well to each his own
    Rosie O'Donnell is fugly, just like the new Valk. To each his own.

headlight is cool no bulbs to change, sounds expensive to replace though

I saw a picture of the new Valk in a writeup in Rider magazine and thought it was the coolest bike I had seen in a long time, so I went down to the local dealership to see one in person. They didn't have any, then I started wishing that they made Valkyries with a fairing and sidebags for longer rides. Went back to the dealer a few weeks later to see if they ever got any Valks. Still none, but then I saw her. The most beautiful one in the room (and with substance under that beautiful exterior I would find out later). After reading several reviews I was in love. And that's how I met my F6B.

Just because I think it's fugly doesn't mean it's not cool. I can think of a few other bikes that fit that category. The B-King, the Versys, and the Boss Hoss. They might be fugly, but they're cool as hell in their own way.

I also don't feel I deserve to be insulted for my opinion. It's just an opinion.

I sat on one the other day. Thought it felt really nice. Styling is different for sure, but I think they did a great job considering the platform from which this bike was built. That said, for the first time in many years, I own just one bike for a reason. The F6 does everything I want to do.