Foot Controls
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foot Controls

Foot Controls

Greetings F-6ers!
    New to the forum (love it, great info and members!), and picking up my black deluxe F6 tonight! At 26yrs old, I believe I'm towards the bottom of the F6 demographic. I have some questions on foot controls I'd like to get some opinions on. I've seen the Kury mini boards and other members who say tilting it just forward slightly will give you plenty of boot clearance for upshifting. I'm also interested in floor boards with heel-toe shifters. Anyone have experience with these on their F6? The floorboard/heel-toe combo from Kury, looks nice, albeit chrome (trying my best to keep more chrome off my bike). It looks like from pics and vids, the underside of the toe shifter kind of clamps onto the stock shifter. Can anyone confirm this or provide first-hand experience with this or any other type of heel-toe setup? I came from a cruiser using this setup for 9 yrs. and after getting used to it initially, grew to like it considerably. Or would a simpler setup such as the mini-boards be more successful? Would cornering clearance with a full size floorboard be any worse than the mini boards? Thanks for the help! Glad to be here!

Yes it does" clamp" onto the shifter...there are a few guys that have it...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I still miss my heel-toe set up back on my 'Cruisers' but,,, Haven't found one that really 'did what I wanted it to do' on the 6,,

I've got the Kury's Min-drop boards at a slight angle. I've ditched the 'cruiser' style work boots and I'm working on some 'MC sport/sport touring' footwear. (Actually better foot protection and easier to toe-shift with /more compact,,,).

The dropped mini boards do reduce your leaning clearance a bit, but I believe the running boards may (?) be just as bad or worse (?) as they extend out away from the bike a bit. (Disclaimer: I have never owned full boards for a Goldwing/F6B. I do own the drop mini's and at one time, had the Kury H/T with the same mini's)

The 'good' thing about the Wing is it's got such a wide powerband/~low~ gearing, once you get into 5th, there really isn't a whole lot of shifting required after that! LOL!

Hi Elroy, I have the Kury board, very happy with it. I had something similar on my GW1500 back in the days. Clearance is good.

HeelToe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I still miss my heel-toe set up back on my 'Cruisers' but,,, Haven't found one that really 'did what I wanted it to do' on the 6,,

I've got the Kury's Min-drop boards at a slight angle. I've ditched the 'cruiser' style work boots and I'm working on some 'MC sport/sport touring' footwear. (Actually better foot protection and easier to toe-shift with /more compact,,,).

The dropped mini boards do reduce your leaning clearance a bit, but I believe the running boards may (?) be just as bad or worse (?) as they extend out away from the bike a bit. (Disclaimer: I have never owned full boards for a Goldwing/F6B. I do own the drop mini's and at one time, had the Kury H/T with the same mini's)

The 'good' thing about the Wing is it's got such a wide powerband/~low~ gearing, once you get into 5th, there really isn't a whole lot of shifting required after that! LOL!
    Can the mini boards still be tilted even if using a standard adapter and not the drops? On my inaugural ride last night, my left foot, inside a clunker of a cruiser boot, unbeknownst to me (cause I can't feel a damn thing in those) was underneath my shifter and I "hard-shifted" if that's even a term, upshifted unintentionally with no clutch. Sounded like something dropped right out of the bike. So either my setup or boots or both have to change. Hated treating my 6 like that on its first ride. I'll look into the sport/st boots, but I've always thought they looked a little goofy, specially on a 6'1", 250 guy like me....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcPW View Post
    Hi Elroy, I have the Kury board, very happy with it. I had something similar on my GW1500 back in the days. Clearance is good.

Attachment 5440
    Thanks for the input Marc. I'd love to have this same setup, but the distance between rider foot position and passenger foot position seems less than what I am used to and don't know if the full length boards will make that space too cramped. I ride two-up probably 95% of the time. (the wife probably likes riding more than I do!) Do you ride two-up much? Any problems with the full length? Thanks again.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Can the mini boards still be tilted even if using a standard adapter and not the drops. I'll look into the sport/st boots, but I've always thought they looked a little goofy, specially on a 6'1", 250 guy like me....
    I believe the boards made for our 6's will accept either the drop mounts or the 'standard' chrome mounts as they both use the 'splined adapter' / modular system.

Here are the 'shoes/sport boots, I'm 'acquiring': http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-cube-air-boots

I ordered 47's , a hair too big, in the process of exchanging / getting 46's now. (I'm a 12D and occasionally a 12E in US)

I've never worn 'MC' or MC 'sport' footwear before. I'm hoping the mesh in these will help with the TX heat. The reduced overall toe-box height should make shifting easier. 'Wear' strip for the shifter. No heel to hang on/off the mini board, 'better than nothing' ankle protection,,,,

Goofy? Could be, but that aspect would just blend in well with the rest of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I believe the boards made for our 6's will accept either the drop mounts or the 'standard' chrome mounts as they both use the 'splined adapter' / modular system.

Here are the 'shoes/sport boots, I'm 'acquiring': http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-cube-air-boots

I ordered 47's , a hair too big, in the process of exchanging / getting 46's now. (I'm a 12D and occasionally a 12E in US)

I've never worn 'MC' or MC 'sport' footwear before. I'm hoping the mesh in these will help with the TX heat. The reduced overall toe-box height should make shifting easier. 'Wear' strip for the shifter. No heel to hang on/off the mini board, 'better than nothing' ankle protection,,,,

Goofy? Could be, but that aspect would just blend in well with the rest of me!
    O yes, I would look like a silly fool in those, don't know if I could allow myself to wear them. I like the idea of a wear strip on the left toe though, that's nice.

Scotrod...goofy? Not at all! Those are great looking boots, IMO. And, in hot weather, they should feel great. About the only concern I have is getting caught in a downpour where you pay for great ventilation. I guess they would dry out pretty fast too so maybe that's not a huge problem
    Ken (Hornblower)

Attachment 5446

I'm looking at these currently, among a few others. The toe profile seems low enough to not cause much trouble. They do have a version with mesh on the upper and lower, but like Hornblower mentioned, rain concerned me there. Wet feet/socks is a terrible feeling.