EZ-Pass transponder - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EZ-Pass transponder

I also went the registration route with Sunpass. However, I do carry it - just put it inside the front cubby hole and works fine - I went to their website to verify that the charges on the tolls occur.
    2016 Honda F6B Deluxe . Matte Pearl White . Klock Werks Fairing

I just 3M taped mine to a chip bag clip. Added some rubber to the grip part of the clip and mount it to the windscreen when I need it. In the cubby when I'm done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Here in Illinois I just register my motorcycle's license plate to my I-Pass account and never take the transponder with me. The toll both just takes a picture of my plate as I ride by and it gets cross referenced to my account and deducted accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Our tolls sometimes have Gates.

Up here in New England,,,Our tolls sometimes have Gates and as you found out Wayne, you will need access to the EZ Pass or they will make you pay. I have been through it.
    Back when I had my Valk I had it mounted inside the fairing. All was great for years until the battery in the transponder wore out and it would not read. At Bear Mt New York Toll there is a gate and the attendant would not let me go because the EZ Pass didn't read and I could not hand it to her. had to pay. IF it is just a fly by Toll then it can read off your plate and charge automatically.

Your issue was the transponder needs to point UP towards the reader over head.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I just 3M taped mine to a chip bag clip. Added some rubber to the grip part of the clip and mount it to the windscreen when I need it. In the cubby when I'm done.
    STRO: I like that idea, and may give it a try. Definitely would add more security to the transponder. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Up here in New England,,,Our tolls sometimes have Gates and as you found out Wayne, you will need access to the EZ Pass or they will make you pay. I have been through it.
    Back when I had my Valk I had it mounted inside the fairing. All was great for years until the battery in the transponder wore out and it would not read. At Bear Mt New York Toll there is a gate and the attendant would not let me go because the EZ Pass didn't read and I could not hand it to her. had to pay. IF it is just a fly by Toll then it can read off your plate and charge automatically.

Your issue was the transponder needs to point UP towards the reader over head.
    Thanks Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by 114th COBRA View Post
    STRO: I like that idea, and may give it a try. Definitely would add more security to the transponder. Thanks for sharing.
    After what Dan said, I'm going to do something similar. I went online and ordered another set of strips, so I might have it attach to my shield as I approach, then pull it off and store it. Now that I know all this.....thanks to everyone.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 114th COBRA View Post
    Thanks, With the rubber grip on the clip I have had the bike up to triple digits and it doesn't even shake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

On top of whatever's in center cubby works thru the plastic never have to touch it. NY EZ pass.

Wayne
    ez pass holder at wal mart - @ $4.00. Mount to underside of Madstad base. Works great and when I want to remove it, it just comes easily out of that holder. In new england, they are working on the plate recognition but not ready yet (you can see the sensors going up on the Mass Pike and I-90)...still have to use the ez pass until thats ready

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I have seen a post elsewhere that showed the transponder being positioned underneath the windshield garnish (out of sight). So does the transponder really need a clear line of sight in order to work?
    Found it! Here is where one Winger mounted his:

It's out of sight, protected and secure

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537