Need review of Corbin's Dual Touring Saddle- Heated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need review of Corbin's Dual Touring Saddle- Heated

Need review of Corbin's Dual Touring Saddle- Heated

Hey,

I'm thinking of getting this for my '15 F6B for next season. I mentioned this to the dealer where I got the bike and they said that Corbin's quality has not been good in recent years and they (Corbin) just stuck them with a $800 seat (whatever that meant).

Can anyone provide some feedback? I really looks like a good seat (two back rests)

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

hard

From my own experience, Ive found them very hard. Good looking seat but hard.
    Take a look at the russell day long. I've got 2 and love them both. You'll have to send him our OEM seat. He'll custom make it for "your butt." You'll send photos he ask for and he'll take it from there. One seat at a time, is how how he builds them.
    I spent 9 hours on one (Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom), 7 of them in pouring rain. Got off felt great, my butt & back were smiling. I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them.
    Good luck with your search

see below

See posting below yours about the Russell Day Long

I had one. The shape was comfortable, but too hard for me.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I have one. It is not heated. It is upholstered in black velour. I've spent 16 hour days on this saddle. It is a firm seat. They're not for everyone. It sits me in a pocket. I find it pretty comfortable. Would I like a Russel more? don't know. I got the seat from another that used to be on this forum. I bought it with both the rider and passenger backrests, the passenger backrest brackets and luggage rack from Honda(my F6B is a standard) for $450 shipped to my door. It was worth the gamble.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

No one can tell you what seat you will like.

I have been through Stock, Stock with Utopia Backrest installed, Mustang, Ultimate with backrest installed and Corbin Dual Tour with backrest installed.

I would have kept the Mustang IF it had an available Backrest, but it didn't. I am more that happy with my Corbin. Good quality and comfortable for me for for long rides (400 to 500 mile days).

Although if you buy one and do not like it you CAN NOT return it.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Russell Day Long custom seats

I haven't heard a bad word from anyone that has spend the money on a Russell Day long custom seat. They want you to send them your original seat pan and pictures of you on the bike and a bunch of measurements for leg length and several more and they build you the most comfortable seat you will ever have. Big Larry has been a customer of theirs for a long time and I couldn't believe how comfortable my seat was right from the minute I bolted it back on the bike. It takes about 2 week after they have your seat to get it back and well worth every cent you spend on it.

Corbin offers options.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I haven't heard a bad word from anyone that has spend the money on a Russell Day long custom seat. They want you to send them your original seat pan and pictures of you on the bike and a bunch of measurements for leg length and several more and they build you the most comfortable seat you will ever have. Big Larry has been a customer of theirs for a long time and I couldn't believe how comfortable my seat was right from the minute I bolted it back on the bike. It takes about 2 week after they have your seat to get it back and well worth every cent you spend on it.
    I totally agree that the RDL is the most comfortable seat on the market - but - when you come to a stop you have to slide forward to get past the thigh support to plant your feet firmly. In other words you need longer legs for the RDL seat. I have owned several Corbins - they are hard but you CAN ask for a softer lay up and you have many more customized options. Before my F6C got mushed by a trash truck the Corbin seat on it was a favorite.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Don"t expect and customer service if there's a problem from corbin!!!

True you have to slide a bit forward at a stop with the RDL

But it becomes so second nature to you that pretty soon you don't even think about it and the comfort while your riding is such a plus that little things like that aren't ever a problem.
    Corbin seats like the above thread said, if you have a problem it, it seems to be your problem and not theirs! No customer service.
    I have never heard of anyone having to do it but if you have a problem with an RDL seat they will take it back and make it right which by all measures is excellent customer service.