Seat comfort
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seat comfort

Seat comfort

I currently own a VTX and have an after market mustang seat. The stock seats on them are almost unbearable for any length of time. Never had any interest in any other bike and never saw one I liked better until I saw the F6B. Trying to educate myself on them as I look around for a used one to possibly by and replace the VTX. I have a couple of questions as I have not been able to find one to test drive as of yet. How comfortable are the stock seat. I am assuming they are pretty comfortable as I have not seen many aftermarket ones. Also how comfortable is the handle bar position and can pull back risers be added if wanted or needed. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 210 lbs if that helps. Thank for the input

so much of that is subjective and lot depends on your build. I came over from a VTX 1800C. My seat is home made on it. I'm 5'6" and I'm more concerned with elevation. I'm happy with the stock handle bars on both but I hate being on my tip-toes. with the help of a good friend of mine I got the VTX seat height down to 24"

As you can imagine going from that to the B was a big change. The seat feels wider than my VTX felt high. I changed the B's seat to the Mustang day tripper. It got my feet on the ground and I think it is plenty comfortable. I do long distance riding and have had no problems.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

I may not be that much of a help as I'm 5' 6" and weigh 190lb with a 29" inseem. I'm running the stock seat with a short nap sheep skin. Most of the time a 500 mile is not a probolm. By the end of a 790 mile day it's time to get off. If you buy a B, get to the rally. There should be a good cross section of seat, riser, heli bar, windshield set ups to check out.

5'8" 29" inseam Mustang Day Tripper works great.
    Steve

I am 5'6 200lbs+- desert. I put 10,000 miles on the stock seat and was very impressed with. I recently switch to an Ultimate Seat and the comfort is beyond approach. The only problem for me is it raised me up a bit and backing the bike is not as easy as it once was.

I too had a VTX 1800. It was a challenge to get a seat to fit. It took a Corbin to finally make it work after a Mustang and Mean City tried to fix the stock saddle. The F6B is the same. The Ultimate King Rider was my answer and Kury mini boards lowered the feet. I am 6'1" @ 250 with 34/35 sleeves and 32" inseam.

I think Honda builds ALL of their 800+ pound bikes for 5'8" Asian guys that weigh 170 lbs with 32" arms. Go figure!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They are not built for 5'8" to tall. (But close)
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    5'8" 29" inseam Mustang Day Tripper works great.
    Steve
    +1 for me also..same physical size and weigh about 195lbs..Mustang seat works great for me..Usually a slight discomfort between shoulder blades and some tiredness in my neck after about 100 or so miles, so I just take a 10 minute break and get ready to ride again.....I prefer this seat over the stocker as it lower and more comfortable for me...Ride safe

I recently went on a 1,600 mile ride in the heat, and the stock seat was OK.
    Try getting a good quality sheepskin to put over the seat. Much cheaper than going to Mustang, Ultimate, etc.
    I had the skin on the previous bike and loved it.

Same

I came to the F6b from a Vtx1800r. I had to put an ultimate seat on the x right away. To me the F6b seat is very good but i keep getting monkey butt from the heat. Im 6'1 220 lbs and find myself standing up on the pegs to vent and stretch. Just a guess but im thinking since the factory f6b seat is waterproof it does not breathe. However of all the bikes ived had the F6b factory seat is the best. I did just buy an ultimate for the F6b from another great forum member here. Everyone is really helpfull on this fine site.