Rain Riding --- Visability
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain Riding --- Visability

Rain Riding --- Visability

I haven't done much long distance riding and I'm getting ready for week long trip to Maine. Rain may be inevitable. On my cars I love Rain-X. It's petroleum based and probably not meant for plastics like visors and windshields so...

What do you use to increase your visibility in the rain? I'm talking about your helmet visor and windshield.

I wear full helmet when traveling and my biggest problem is it fogging up in rain, no matter what I use it still fogs to a certain degree. I just clean the outside with warm soapy water.

Rain

Keep a cloth up by the windshield and out of the rain so you can wipe your visor and windshield once in a while. A good wax on the windshield before you leave and your visor will help allot!

I'm getting a new helmet soon and I'm leaning towards getting one with "pinlock" technology. Basically it's a shield inside the main shield and it creates an air gap, eliminating fogging. I haven't tried one yet but here's a link to Revzilla. Maybe they have a shield for your helmet already.

http://www.revzilla.com/search?query...x=-1216&y=-366

My Shoei Neotek modular helmet has the pin loc feature. It does have a noticable reduction of fogging visor. Major improvement over my HJC full face helmets. I also purchased it from Revzilla. Very fast delivery

[I] wear a pinlock insert on my shield as well but try this stuff. http://store.motosolutions.com/clearvision/A.html

On my RT it was all I needed BUT the windshield was cut so in the lowest position the air was directed to blow the rain off your face-shield.
    The Raincoat is like RainX but it won't damage your wind/face-shield. RainX should NEVER be used on either your windshield or face-shield, NEVER!!!

MY NOLAND

My Noland helmet does have the insert and it does work very well. The shield will fog just up to the insert leaving a clear view or everything.

Has anyone tried baby shampoo to prevent fogging? I used it when I scuba dive to prevent fogging. I live in Las Vegas, not much chance of my helmet fogging up, so I have never tried.
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

Baby Shampoo

I'm at work, walked into the OR to see how this special needs patient is doing. The ENT Doc is using Baby Shampoo to keep his instruments from fogging doing a T&A. He said baby shampoo is better then the medical gold standard liquid we call "FRED". Then I log on here and read this. Huh No worry this stuff is not going into areas that need to be sterile.

Rain Zip

Never cruel nor cowardly, never give up, never give in.