Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WingThing View Post
    I could care less about those who consider the full Wing a Couch Rocket. A Couch Rocket is what I'll be wanting when I'm finally able to tour all out.

I say if it meets your needs then by all means go get it.
    I use the label "COUCH Rocket" as a term of endearment.
    Rides like a Cadillac and runs like a Mustang ..... My kind of Bike

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

gold wing

Something to think about....I just bought a level 3 Goldwing and had it converted to an f6b, so now I have a bike that looks like an f6b but has ABS, cruise, heated seats, and navigation...maybe the best of both worlds (and maybe about 30 pounds lighter than the big wing).

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I use the label "COUCH Rocket" as a term of endearment.
    Rides like a Cadillac and runs like a Mustang ..... My kind of Bike
    I wasn't really offended by what you said. It's only that I've heard people in the past saying a full Wing was an old mans bike. I have never owned one till now but have always been a fan of the Wings as long as I can remember and never considered it to be an old mans bike. I never got one because I've never needed a bike with it's capabilities. The F6B gives me all the bike I currently need but like I said, I can see getting the full Wing someday. Best touring machine ever con sieved in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WingThing View Post
    I've heard people in the past saying a full Wing was an old mans bike

I agree many of us have heard that stupid statement also. I was given grief the first time that I showed up to my local riders weekend meet riding my newly acquired GoldWing. After all the razzing was over I gave the 45 year old Hardley Ableson LOUD mouth critic the keys and dared him to ride the bike for 2 miles and bring it back and then he could continue spewing his nonsense from experience ...... 30 miles later he returns, gets off my GoldWing, gets on his knees and bows down to the GoldWing. He was blown away by its performance and handling. He never ever thought it was a "Old Man's" bike after that Ride. It is the ultimate riding machine in my opinion.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I agree with Phantom, I really like my F6B to cruise but if I'm going to travel I'm on my Wing. I rode six laps at Road America last weekend on my Wing and I had a kid come up to me and said he didn't know a Wing could go around corners that fast. Made me feel really good. Now I got to get a new set of pegs.

If I were to replace my F6B for a more purposeful long range touring bike my first stop would be to the BMW dealer. The newly upgraded R1200RT is getting rave reviews. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    If I were to replace my F6B for a more purposeful long range touring bike my first stop would be to the BMW dealer. The newly upgraded R1200RT is getting rave reviews. Check it out.

I actually like the looks of the latest 1600GTL, a friend of mine just added this to his stable ...

I recently bought another "Full Wing" and almost forgot how much I loved it. The F6B is an
    awesome bike, but when I want to take a long trip it's definitely more comfortable on the Wing.
    Like many others I've heard all the crap about it being an "Old Man's Bike", but it's still the
    best bike ever made as for as I'm concerned. I just turned 41 in May and am now on my 4th
    GL1800 (not including the F6B), since the age of 30. So yes I do love this bike!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Whether or not those who own them don't think it's an old mans bike, it IS KNOWN AS an old mans bike!!!

Very few look at a 6 and says 'silverback',,, Full wing??? Yup, old mans bike.

Those that ride 'em may not feel that way, but,,, with the granny chair and all the assorted do-dads,,, folks look at 'em and say 'Look, here comes !', and 99% of the time, THEY ARE RIGHT!!!

Still don't believe me? OK,,, how many 'full wingers' do we have here right now that are too young/don't already have grandkids??? (crickets,,,,)

Nothing 'wrong' with getting older, but GL's are 100% known as old folks bikes and those that ride 'em should expect to be categorized as such.

Whether or not that bothers you is your decision.

I have owned both. The only negative thing about the full wing is, "You will be stopping more often at Dairy Queens"
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]