Guns, what sort of response - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guns, what sort of response

We certainly lock the cars up these days, although my sister and father living on the South Coast never used to and my father often left the keys in the ignition. I think those days have gone now, pity.

Chris

Wow Chris, that's some scary schnitz. In some liberal minds that event could be twisted against you that you were at fault for leaving your doors unlocked. That's the lunacy we fight in our liberal swinging legal system. Just look at Baltimore when a mayor told a police force to let people break stuff. Sacrifice my home or business for the rioters. Ugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Don't forget about this California Left Wing/Anti-2A Senator/Gun Runner. We can't have guns according to his laws, but he can traffic guns to fill his re-election war chest with the profits (now I know why they call it a war chest) and then use his war chest to pay for his criminal defense. We would have that money confiscated, but not Dem senator Leland Yee.

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    Why are the media (and this forum) not talking about the real problem ?????

Two things all mass shootings in the US over the last 30 years have had in common;

1) Gun free zones, they only happen in areas where the common person is not able to defend themselves.

2) Mood altering drugs .... The solution with most parents and doctors seems to be to give the kids anti-depressants.

Let's have a discussion about those .....

DRUGS NOW THAT IS THE PROBLEM !!!!!!! Check on the mass shooting ALL were on drugs... and think about it are not drugs banned/illeagle ...same effect with guns...only the people who want them could get them !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    We certainly lock the cars up these days, although my sister and father living on the South Coast never used to and my father often left the keys in the ignition. I think those days have gone now, pity.

Chris
    Had a large portion of my youth in south Louisiana here. Same damn deal. I had a deer rifle and a duck gun in my closet at 10 years old. Keys in ignitions and unlocked doors. My mom sometimes shot feral cats and possums with 22 rat shot. Just scared then off. Good times. It's all got to be true still somewhere, that kind of peace. Maybe I find that place one day. It won't be this year, tho.

Yep i remember when i grew up in the centre of Melbourne we had a ferrel cat problem and i often came home from school and found my mother in the backyard with the .22 and a hand full of bullets, i always reckoned that the men in white coats would come and drag her off but they never did i guess the neighbours just accepted it and kept their heads down when they heard her shooting.

As far as drugs go i think that the majority of our problems here are drug related especially ice which apparently is cheap enough but users still need money to buy it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    Yep i remember when i grew up in the centre of Melbourne we had a ferrel cat problem and i often came home from school and found my mother in the backyard with the .22 and a hand full of bullets, i always reckoned that the men in white coats would come and drag her off but they never did i guess the neighbours just accepted it and kept their heads down when they heard her shooting.

As far as drugs go i think that the majority of our problems here are drug related especially ice which apparently is cheap enough but users still need money to buy it.

Chris
    Australia seems to have a lot of feral critters that require culling.

Cull Hunting

Drugs are the root of all evil...80% of time is drug related, in one form or other...100% of all US monies in this country have coke on them...I say legalize ALL drugs, so you can buy the stuff at the 7-11...and let them kill themselves off....at least they will not be breaking into your home!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Drugs are the root of all evil...80% of time is drug related, in one form or other...100% of all US monies in this country have coke on them...I say legalize ALL drugs, so you can buy the stuff at the 7-11...and let them kill themselves off....at least they will not be breaking into your home!
    I wouldn't go that far, but it would not bother me if in order for someone to buy recreational drugs from a controlled drug store they would have to have the right endorsement on their ID card and could only buy drugs in very limited quantities. That way the drug addicts could get their drugs, employers could check the ID cards and if they were willing to hire a addict they would have foreknowledge of it. And of course anybody with any drug endorsement would not be allowed to work at any job where they could endanger public safety.
    JAYGO

I think you are right, there has to be a better way of handling the drug situation, maybe decriminalise and provide support for those hooked as jaygollner suggests.
    The problem is only going to get worse if we do nothing and of course it includes muggings and house break-ins with addicts trying to find money to fuel their habit.

There you go, this forum has done it again, solved the problems of the world, what's next

chris