I am getting close! Why did you choose the F6B over the Gold Wing? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I am getting close! Why did you choose the F6B over the Gold Wing?

Congrats! Kinda partial to the 40th anniversary colors myself, but I really like the blue and black.
    Attachment 24067
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

What a beauty! Really like the color, congrats! BTW, the reason I chose the f6b over the full dressed wing is because my wife doesn't really care to ride; otherwise, I would have went with the full Wing

Dealer haggling?

Just curious - were most folks able to haggle on price? There's a '15 in the dealership here, that has some nice discounts right now (deluxe version for mid-$17's all in), and though I dislike going back and forth on pricing, I want to make sure I get a good deal. What are folks thoughts: is that a good price, do others push for them to throw in some gear if they can't lower the price, or both (push for a lower price and gear)?

Quote Originally Posted by msmcfa View Post
    Just curious - were most folks able to haggle on price? There's a '15 in the dealership here, that has some nice discounts right now (deluxe version for mid-$17's all in), and though I dislike going back and forth on pricing, I want to make sure I get a good deal. What are folks thoughts: is that a good price, do others push for them to throw in some gear if they can't lower the price, or both (push for a lower price and gear)?
    Absolutely everything is negotiable. Base Price, Options, Add-Ons, Warranty, etc.
    I have to believe that they are getting incentives from the Manufacturer on old stock right now.
    Which means even at advertised discounted prices there is still room for a haggle.
    Even if you are financing the purchase (which they make a piece of), the Interest Rate is negotiable too (of course good credit helps on your side).

I spent several hours purchasing my first Corvette (a lifetime ago), and while I was there, my buddy fell for a Firebird they had, sat down and bought it while I was haggling. When he found out that I was even pushing for another 1-1/2% on the interest rate, he said he never even thought of that - and at the time, he had better established credit than I did. I got my dream car, and walked out with a better overall deal.

I'm not saying grind them till they just want you to go away... assure them you will rely on them exclusively for all your service work... offer to put some of the deal aside in a separate account from which you will have your payments made automatically - the finance guys like this - you've got skin in the game and they are assured no late payments, etc. It's all negotiable. I guess I just enjoy the game... always have.

Sure... know what you want, and know what you are willing to pay... but also, have fun doing it.

@JMartin - thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

I research the web and find the best possible price I can and print it and take to the dealer. I have said I am ready to buy a bike today and I would prefer to buy it from you, how close can you come to matching this deal?

Never had a dealer yet say we can't do that when they know up front I am willing to buy right now if you can make this deal.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN