#1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: #1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b?

#1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b?

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new ride and F6b is in the top running spot. While doing my research I've come across 2 in NJ both 15s on Craigslist and wonder why?
    I've had lots of bikes along the way and many brands as well, still trying to find that one that ticks the most boxes and I can keep a few years.

So what in this forums great collective pile of knowledge (of which I've picked through a bunch) would be the reason why there are A. Slow sales, B. Dropped from Honda, C. 15s in the used market already.
    or is it a case of A+B=C?
    What do guys give as to why they are giving up the F6?

A lot could be financial, ergonomics, no time to ride, etc...I have my 15, over 20,000 miles in less than a year, stock everything except windshield and hwy pegs, and I love it. There's no way it's the ride or handling....no way.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

For me it just to change. Something new, not saying there was something wrong with the B. After 33K I wanted or was ready for something else. It's one of the reasons marriage should be a lease plan. If at 7 years or 33K, you don't want to renew your lease, you both just move on.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    For me it just to change. Something new, not saying there was something wrong with the B. After 33K I wanted or was ready for something else. It's one of the reasons marriage should be a lease plan. If at 7 years or 33K, you don't want to renew your lease, you both just move on.
    That is my story, on my third marriage and the first two both lasted 13 years. On another note I had two separate Honda's I kept for 12 years. I guess that is about my limit!

I loved my F6B, and if I rode by myself exclusively I would still own it. My wife and I ride together the majority of the time and she could never get comfortable on the back of it so we went to a full Gold Wing. I must admit some of the full Wing amenities are pretty nice. (Adjustable windshield, integrated NAV, better sound system, TPS, reverse, etc.)
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

I enjoyed my 15 F6B, but yearned for something quicker and lighter.

So did I, that lasted 5 months and I'm back on another B. Trying to keep the wife happy. If I had the extra $$, I'd probably get a 04-05 GSXR600, 750, or a 05-06 ZX636R just to satisfy my sportbike craving. I learned the hard way buying a new Ninja 1000........
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Happy here.... speed and comfort is a great combination on this bike. I plan on going 300k on this bike. Great for the highway fast or site.seeing. this bike loves the mountain roads. Still has the storing capacity for trips. I think this is the ultimate all.around bike with muscle.

I spent a lot of money on the bike to make it comfortable, but bottom line was the seat base was just to wide for me to be comfortable. If they had a narrower frame I would still own it. By the way I only stand 5'5".

reason selling f6b

I gotta pitch in on this.I don't know why anyone middle age would give up on this bike.I'm 53 rode crotch rockets back into my 30s.Having said that this thing is older guys perfect touring bike.I can take the wife riding all day an the next weekend kick the heels up with spirited riding.Wifey no complaining of sore back etc.It's a great value especially used,this is my retirement bike.I may own others that are one dimensional ,but none as versatile.No it's not the cool bike everyone craves but I'm the one enjoying the ride.