Kabuto Ibuki Helmet - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki Helmet

I couldn't find matching XL and XXl in any of the Ibuki colors. Maybe the wifey and I won't match or I'll get the Aeroblade III. Both are sick deals. I read that the Kamui is most like the old Arai round fits.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    I couldn't find matching XL and XXl in any of the Ibuki colors. Maybe the wifey and I won't match or I'll get the Aeroblade III. Both are sick deals. I read that the Kamui is most like the old Arai round fits.
    You will be hard pressed to find a Ibuki in those sizes now. The Ibuki is a discontinued item from the manufacturer.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Well hell... my Kabuto Ibuki Helmet was short lived. I inadvertently dropped it and now the shield won't stay locked down. :-( Me thinks that possibly the hinges and the front locking portion has been compromised as a result of the impact.

Gawd I hate it when I drop a helmet. Try to be SO CAREFUL with them... treat them like eggs... but every once in awhile a helmet can get away from you.

Ordered a white Bell Qualifier DLX helmet to replace it. This one has a transitional face shield (which I'm looking forward to) and although I can't use the cut out for my Sena 20S, I hope I can still utilize it with the clamp mount that it uses to fasten to my now Kauput Ibuki...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...FZtWDQod_OUCig

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Well hell... my Kabuto Ibuki Helmet was short lived. I inadvertently dropped it and now the shield won't stay locked down. :-( Me thinks that possibly the hinges and the front locking portion has been compromised as a result of the impact. Gawd I hate it when I drop a helmet. Try to be SO CAREFUL with them... treat them like eggs... but every once in awhile a helmet can get away from you. Ordered a white Bell Qualifier DLX helmet to replace it. This one has a transitional face shield (which I'm looking forward to) and although I can't use the cut out for my Sena 20S, I hope I can still utilize it with the clamp mount that it uses to fasten to my now Kauput Ibuki... https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...FZtWDQod_OUCig
    Saw a guy at the BMW dealership get off his R1200GS and watched his Schuberth C3 Pro fall from the seat, could of sworn I saw a few tears running down his cheek.

A buddy of mine went down on a curve during a recent ride. I stopped to help him and without thinking just put my Nolan 104EVO on my seat. HAD I been thinking....since the wind was howling...I'd have secured it a bit better, but I was obviously in a hurry.

While I was helping him up and we got his bike back upright and checked over....the wind blew my Nolan not only off the bike but also across the road (and not very slowly at that).

Damage: Scraped up visor that didn't HAVE to be replaced (but I did anyway) and a few minor scrapes on the side...otherwise, you couldn't even tell that it had ever been hurt.

It may not be the absolute top-of-the-line brain-bucket, but it's still one of the best helmets I've ever owned.

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

That Bell is the exact helmet I'm planning on getting. They feel absolutely great on my noggin. Can't beat the prices at Motorcyclecloseouts either. I love the idea of the transition shield and spot for my Sena.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    That Bell is the exact helmet I'm planning on getting. They feel absolutely great on my noggin. Can't beat the prices at Motorcyclecloseouts either. I love the idea of the transition shield and spot for my Sena.
    Yes, I just received it this afternoon and found a surprise in it. There was hair.

I was pretty disgusted. Emailed them back and ranted and raved. They emailed back and said I could return it and they would send out another; or they would issue a partial refund of $30.00

I already had it apart when they responded; it's not dirty but you could tell that someone else had tried it on previously, and probably returned it to them.

I elected to keep it... but am wary of Revzilla after this. At least the damned thing fits.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

It wasn't me. I'm bald!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN