Belly pan on it's way - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belly pan on it's way

Mine too!

Just put the black one on order. Let's get all this done right and proper from the git go.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Same problem but!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    A somewhat local bike shop near me is having an Indian demo day on the 16th & 17th. I'd like to go and try one out but I imagine those kind of events get very crowded.

As to the belly pan, I have one, but not installed. My advice, you have to pull very hard on the exhaust cover to get it out far enough to slip the pan around the bolt behind it. I tried on several occasions and each time just never pulled hard enough. I took the nuts off the cover so many times to try to get the belly pan on that I eventually broke the weld on one of the bolts. And luck would have it, that it was that time that I got the exhaust cover out enough, and now can't put the damn thing on.
    When I put mine on I finally just went ahead and disassembled the whole left side, which was where my primary problem was. Once i took all the cowling off the pan went on fine, I laughed telling my wife the video I watch was a 5 minute install and it ended up taking me about three and a half hours but it is on fine now, got all the cowling back on right (took pictures as I took it off). I got the one with the Aviation clips on the front so the front part drops off easily for the oil change. Speaking of which I did today. smooth as silk and you do not need to take off the front housing to access the drain plug or get your filter off and a new one on. I used a rubber strap wrench to get the filter off and put on a new longer filter the Bosch 3323, fit just fine, used T-6 Rotella Syn. Purrs like a kitten and shifts even better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    When I put mine on I finally just went ahead and disassembled the whole left side, which was where my primary problem was. Once i took all the cowling off the pan went on fine, I laughed telling my wife the video I watch was a 5 minute install and it ended up taking me about three and a half hours but it is on fine now, got all the cowling back on right (took pictures as I took it off). I got the one with the Aviation clips on the front so the front part drops off easily for the oil change. Speaking of which I did today. smooth as silk and you do not need to take off the front housing to access the drain plug or get your filter off and a new one on. I used a rubber strap wrench to get the filter off and put on a new longer filter the Bosch 3323, fit just fine, used T-6 Rotella Syn. Purrs like a kitten and shifts even better than before.
    Rotella will do that!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt