Used a Stock GoldWing Shield for the F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Used a Stock GoldWing Shield for the F6B

Used a Stock GoldWing Shield for the F6B

So I was going to order a new taller screen for more comfortable touring on the GoldWing and since I adapted Wing shield for my last F6B I figured it would be easy to put the stock height shield on on my B. Works very very nicely and in my opinion doesn't detour from the looks of the B. It flows well, not to tall, I look through it which is what I want and gives a lot better protection for both rider and passenger. Beside I always like to have a cigar when I ride so it's perfect for that.

Here's a few pics. Its easy to adapt just need some washers and it bolts right up no problem.

For those not getting the protection they need from the actual F6B windshield options this may be good for you. After a day of riding on the interstate even with the tall F6B screen that came on mine my face still tingled and my ears were ringing. This is much better I can hear the exhaust more and the radio now. Oh and smoke a cigar so now I'm a happy camper.

I bet that works pretty good.

I went for short blast down the road, it works VERY good. It's soooo much quieter, I can hear more of the exhaust and can actually hear the radio without turning it up to like 22, now it's at 15 and it's perfect even at 80mph. The passenger likes it A LOT more as well . I rode to Orlando today with the taller 6" screen and my face was all tingly and I couldn't hear for awhile lol. This is awesome. I could jump on this bike now and ride anywhere. I put the Ergo II Highway pegs on as well.

The only thing left really is the Kury cubby and an accessory outlet and Ram mount for my phone. I have GPS on my Wing so I haven't decided if I'm going to install that on my F6B or not. I may just use my phone but in the mountains it runs out of reception so who knows.

What is your height, W? I take it you wear an open-face helmet, do you?

You could also re-drill the holes about 2 " up on the shield, may look better on the bike...JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You could also re-drill the holes about 2 " up on the shield, may look better on the bike...JMHO
    That's what I did Steve. Then I cut a couple inches off the top. It sits right at 15".

I know it's super quiet and comfortable with the full shield but I can't stand looking through it. I feel like I'm in a car.

By the way, W, that silver matte color is looking very nice in those two photos. If you have additional pics of the bike, I'd love to see them, especially if any are in direct sunlight and/or straight-on from the front, to give us an idea of what the windshield looks like in an oncoming view. Thanks.

Why does a ford guy have an SRT banner? Of course, If i could have both...

I suspect he's an ex-owner and just never got rid of the flag; those flags were sent by Chrysler as part of a promo package to owners on record.

I sure wish I would have seen it was doable to use a Gold Wing shield on the F6B.
    I have a friend that offered to give me his stock take off from his Gold Wing.
    When I told him it wouldn't work he sold it to another guy.
    Oh well,I do love my F4.

Doug