Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 18

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

V&H Monsters

Installed them Friday, and I couldn't be happier. Easy install, great looks and great sound without being obnoxious. A lot quieter than I was expecting, which is fantastic in my books.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply from Vance and Hines

I received a reply from V&H re my request on if they had dyno figures on their Monsters fitted to an F6B or standard GW. (Went all out in their response as well. Below in its entirety!)
    Either way, I'd still look at purchasing a set.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken

"Unfortunately we do not. There is roughly a 3-5 hp increase over stock. Thank you for your interest in our products. "

.................................................. .................................................. ..................
    :: Chris Neely :: Electronics Product Manager

VANCE & HINES
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Most after-market pipe makers are not interested in doing a lot of research and dyno testing on Torque, HP numbers, etc. and posting any data...They want to sell pipes/systems that sound different, look good and make them money...I am pretty sure most riders that buy after-market pipes are mainly concerned with sound and looks and not so much if they make the bike go faster or add HP in any great numbers...Most add a couple extra HP, along with a better air-filter, but that is about it in most cases...Some systems can actually cost your motor HP if not set up right.....There are exceptions, of course, but these systems can be very costly and difficult to install.....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Most after-market pipe makers are not interested in doing a lot of research and dyno testing on Torque, HP numbers, etc. and posting any data...They want to sell pipes/systems that sound different, look good and make them money...I am pretty sure most riders that buy after-market pipes are mainly concerned with sound and looks and not so much if they make the bike go faster or add HP in any great numbers...Most add a couple extra HP, along with a better air-filter, but that is about it in most cases...Some systems can actually cost your motor HP if not set up right.....There are exceptions, of course, but these systems can be very costly and difficult to install.....JMHO
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Vance & Hines

Just installed on my bike. I really like the look and the sound. Just quiet enough so that there are no problems running down the freeway. No need to adjust the sound volume. At idle it sounds much better. The sound really comes on when you get on the throttle. This may come at a price ( tickets ) as I seem to be winding it out more than I used to - quite a bit more. As to if there is really more power - frankly I don't care. I'm having more fun than before and that's all that matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

TBR

You guys beat me to the punch on this one. I was going to let the other member know that he had the pipes installed wrong. They do fit under the bags as shown. It takes a lot of twisting and turning to get it exactly where you need it with the shield properly in place. Of course one of them went on with out a snag and the other one well took me a lot longer than I had wanted to mess with it. Its a matter of turning the pipe just at the wright angle and the pipe hanger goes on the inside of the mount not on the outside. The pipes look great and sound good to. I'm still waiting to hear from my friends at COBRA about the 626 pipes I sent back to them with all of the rust problems. I have moved on. We will see.

The works

So after hearing Mrs Chunky Love's 6into6's without baffles I was on a mission to replicate. I dragged Tater and Dickie around Biketober fest trying to find them as the cobra folks had said they would be there. They weren't so I ordered them and installed them without baffles and had a resonance that was disquieting to say the least. I ordered the torque loopz from Jimmy and installed them with a K&N air box and just for good measure I threw in a power commander.
    I will post a video this weekend but suffice it to say "Holy Shit" it sounds like nothing I have ever heard on two wheels the drone is gone and the power starts at about 00000 rpms and goes throught the redline. I think i got more than I wanted and I couldnt be happier. Im not sure JimmyTee will have an audio solution short of earbuds that will work "enroute"

Yes, Lacoocheeboy, you are just another one to experience the "magic" of Torq Loopz. Definitely, the best exhaust mod I've found .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yes, Lacoocheeboy, you are just another one to experience the "magic" of Torq Loopz. Definitely, the best exhaust mod I've found .
    +1 and for me adding the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde mufflers comes in second.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by LacoocheeBoy View Post
    So after hearing Mrs Chunky Love's 6into6's without baffles I was on a mission to replicate. I dragged Tater and Dickie around Biketober fest trying to find them as the cobra folks had said they would be there. They weren't so I ordered them and installed them without baffles and had a resonance that was disquieting to say the least. I ordered the torque loopz from Jimmy and installed them with a K&N air box and just for good measure I threw in a power commander.
    I will post a video this weekend but suffice it to say "Holy Shit" it sounds like nothing I have ever heard on two wheels the drone is gone and the power starts at about 00000 rpms and goes throught the redline. I think i got more than I wanted and I couldnt be happier. Im not sure JimmyTee will have an audio solution short of earbuds that will work "enroute"
    Soooo very interested in your application of the Power Commander. Is there a specific model you used that is compatible with the ECM on the F6B and what settings did you program….or maybe you had it dyno tuned???

Thanks