Right side support
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right side support

Right side support

Has anyone had one replaced? Found mine broken tonight when I went to mount my Ergo III highway pegs I had just got. Looks like its going to be a trip to the shop for repair. Its that piece that the engine guard bolts onto. Just wondered much of a job it is and Im thinking it aint gonna be to cheap. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Are you talking about the engine guard ? It will take a few minutes, but not a big deal....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    Has anyone had one replaced? Found mine broken tonight when I went to mount my Ergo III highway pegs I had just got. Looks like its going to be a trip to the shop for repair. Its that piece that the engine guard bolts onto. Just wondered much of a job it is and Im thinking it aint gonna be to cheap. Al
    ...........Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Steve
    No I wish it was the crash bar it is what the lower legs of the crash bar mount to. I guess they are made to break under impact so they the crash bar itself doesn't damage the engine. Sorry Dickie I don't have a pic hard to get in there and take one without tearing a bunch of stuff off the bike. I just know I don't have the tools and knowledge to fix it myself. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    Steve
    No I wish it was the crash bar it is what the lower legs of the crash bar mount to. I guess they are made to break under impact so they the crash bar itself doesn't damage the engine. Sorry Dickie I don't have a pic hard to get in there and take one without tearing a bunch of stuff off the bike. I just know I don't have the tools and knowledge to fix it myself. Al
    I would think that it would be the frame that broke then ? Item #4 or #5 ?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

"I just know I don't have the tools and knowledge to fix it myself. Al"

Sorry - can't help with your problem but I can tell you are a smart man!

Wishing you a quick & cheap repair.

No this piece goes between the frame and the engine its not the frame. Al

Would be piece number 4 Called the right side engine support

I would purchase a new piece, $83.35 + shipping