General Question for the General Message Board
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Question for the General Message Board

General Question for the General Message Board

I was just wondering,after reading a thread by Phantom aimed at ensuring "Newbies" post threads in the appropriately titled boards, how many here actually go to the singularly themed boards? I ,for one, usually just click on the "New Posts" tab and pick through what has been posted. That is unless I want to post a new thread. In which case I then have to go to the Forum section and decide where the new thread belongs. Just wondering. Have had the thought before, but only now have I actually asked anyone what they do.

Yup same here... I hit the new posts button... but I do visit the individual forums to see what got bumped back that I missed.

shooter
    I use the individual forums.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I was just wondering,after reading a thread by Phantom aimed at ensuring "Newbies" post threads in the appropriately titled boards, how many here actually go to the singularly themed boards? I ,for one, usually just click on the "New Posts" tab and pick through what has been posted. That is unless I want to post a new thread. In which case I then have to go to the Forum section and decide where the new thread belongs. Just wondering. Have had the thought before, but only now have I actually asked anyone what they do.

I also hit "NEW POSTS" every time I come on the board, some people don't and go to the individual subsections. The "General Message" section was becoming a "catch all" platform with everything from motorcycles for sale to trips being planned.

When I need to post something, I try to place it in the appropriate section if possible. I am also GUILTY of posting in-correctly on the General Message section. We all have a brain fart or two.

We added the "New Post" button early on to this website for convenience, I'm just trying to keep the General Section a little bit cleaner with motorcycle related posts that don't have a subsection for a particular topic. No One has committed a crime and No One is in the penalty box (even though George has been trying ). Basically the General Message board has been "Hijacked" and I'm trying to bring it back on track.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Life is no fun when you're an angel... and I am definitely not one

I still think vendor sub-forums would be useful though; as it sits now, there's no good way to direct a question or feedback to anybody.

Another issue is when you want to look something up... you don't know where to start looking if you can't find it in a search...I have moved an few and have been guilty of a few more !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I think all topics should be separated by categories with opening the main page . It could provide clearer selection of all posts , not necessarily mixed together . Do you think , is it right suggestion and somehow possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I also hit "NEW POSTS" every time I come on the board, some people don't and go to the individual subsections. The "General Message" section was becoming a "catch all" platform with everything from motorcycles for sale to trips being planned.

When I need to post something, I try to place it in the appropriate section if possible. I am also GUILTY of posting in-correctly on the General Message section. We all have a brain fart or two.

We added the "New Post" button early on to this website for convenience, I'm just trying to keep the General Section a little bit cleaner with motorcycle related posts that don't have a subsection for a particular topic. No One has committed a crime and No One is in the penalty box (even though George has been trying ). Basically the General Message board has been "Hijacked" and I'm trying to bring it back on track.

sorry thats just to dam funny....
    and lately to dam true...
    we need a new platform please:
    the un answerable argue post for guns,politics,Hillary ect...
    to many run on b.s posts that go no where

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I think all topics should be separated by categories with opening the main page . It could provide clearer selection of all posts , not necessarily mixed together . Do you think , is it right suggestion and somehow possible ?
    ok,we found the topic icon
    we can just call it what it is...

Just so there is no misunderstanding , I am in agreement that we should have specifically themed areas. Just for me, I don't ever go to any of the singularly themed areas unless I want to post a new thread. We should have a board for "Unsure where to post topic board"