Cold Stumble - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Stumble

I have learned to live with this minor issue..Start the bike, put on helmet and other gear wait a few seconds then back down my driveway slowly, take it a little easy getting out my sub and by the time I get to the main roads I am generally good to go....No big deal after 4 or so years now....Ride safe

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    On a side note , you get that flash you better hang on in first and second. It ain't the same bike.
    Wait what????

shooter
    Opas I think the problem is some people have it lot worse than others. I think Teach could ride a carbureated mule but she has problems with that B when it's cold. It's not if you can but rather should you have to. The answer to that is no. You have the right to expect your bike to perform properly. And if the problem is bad enough it can be a hazard.

GaTeach
    Opas I think the problem is some people have a lot worse than others. I think Teach could ride a carburated mule but she has problems with that B when it's cold. It's not if you can but rather should you have to. The answer to that is no. You have the right to expect your bike to perform properly. And if the problem is bad enough it can be a hazard.
    Lol. I know that of SG doesn’t warm to operating temps, she will stumble. That’s ok 99% of the time, but sometimes I’m in a “hurry” and usually that’s when I’m in the parking lot with fifty high school students watching. Lol

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Wait what????
    You'll know WHAT if you ever ride a Guhl flashed B. On a hard 1-2 change at about 6300 rpm I can get a little air under that front tire. And that Alpin leaves a nice black mark on the pavement.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Lol. I know that of SG doesn’t warm to operating temps, she will stumble. That’s ok 99% of the time, but sometimes I’m in a “hurry” and usually that’s when I’m in the parking lot with fifty high school students watching. Lol
    Lol , yeah that's when you really NEED to look cool. Lmao

GaTeach
    You'll know WHAT if you ever ride a Guhl flashed B. On a hard 1-2 change at about 6300 rpm I can get a little air under that front tire. And that Alpin leaves a nice black mark on the pavement.
    Oh my. Too many MCs around here for me to have that capability. Lol.

GaTeach
    Lol , yeah that's when you really NEED to look cool. Lmao
    You know I talk way too much shit to be stumbling in the parking lot!!!!

There are a few fixes that some owners have had luck with. NGK plugs were supposed to help.
    Flashing is the only real way to go.
    Mine does it but I know how to use the throttle to get past it. Just be aware of it and don't goose it while its cold.
    Mine also has a high idle while its cold. All my cars do as well. Normal for injected motors.
    And the noise coming from the clutch while its in neutral, the service man says he's herd worse.
    I could go on but that takes away from my riding time.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I guess when things like this are out there.....it's enough of an issue.

http://electricalconnection.com/inde...-stumble-stop/

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce