Greetings and Considering One--Can you Be Frank About Issues? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings and Considering One--Can you Be Frank About Issues?

Howdy neighbor. I have been riding over 50 years and the F6B is the best bike I have owned. Only warning I will give you is the accessories you WILL spend money on after the initial purchase. Nothing like what ai spent on my 10 Harleys but there are great options out there for windshields, exhausts, seats, pegs, etc., etc. etc. I think you will enjoy riding the bike. I have over 30,000 miles on my 2013 model and have enjoyed every one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's about it!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    The only issue I addressed was the shorty windshield, went with the Madstad system, it's an awesome ride every time I turn the key.

+1
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I started on a 100cc Honda then a 67 Norton 750 Atlas which was not fast but taught me handling,then a 500 Yamaha,then an XS eleven, 650 KAW, a Concours then my beloved Hurricane CBR1000F,
    Each of them were great at what they did but my F6B is the love of my life.
    You wont regret it.
    I may be the only one that has not changed the shorty windshield ,even after riding through rainstorms-one that followed me for about 300 miles,high winds, cold and heat.I just like the wind in my face(full helmet)
    I do have a list of things I'd like to add -went with PIAA low beams which work better. (HIDs if they fail). An under belly pan,lower lights that fit the cowling .Looking at auxiliary LEDs from Creed (expensive but I like my night rides in the mountains) and maybe a Mustang seat.
    On the seat,mine acted like it was going to break my spine at first.then after about 1500 miles it broke in and i have absolutely no problem in comfort on long runs.I am only looking at the Mustang for the look of it.
    I'll say again,I love this bike !

Welcome to the forum and hopefully soon a F6B. I came from almost 20 of riding Harleys. The only short comings I find with the F6B is you will want a different windshield, the audio lacks the sound quality I am use to with the Harleys ( I like to rock out when I ride ), and the exhaust note could be deeper ( no it's not a Harley and I don't want it to sound like one) but I would like a deeper throatier sound. This is just my opinion and all can be changed if you choose to. Ride quality is outstanding and minimal maintenance is great. Oh and I forgot to mention how easy it is to clean, just wipe it down with a damp rag. Enjoy your ride when you get it and I am partial to the 2015 Blue.

Welcome!
    Unlike most here, I'm fine with the stock shorty windshield. Probably because I've never had a windshield in the 39 years I've been riding, and I've been using nothing but full face helmets since 1983. I'm just accustomed to that configuration.
    Two things I'd recommend: 1) highway pegs of some sort or another, so you can stretch out from time to time on longer rides (I use the Rivco flip-outs, and love them), and 2) IF you decide to keep the stock seat, get the extender from Ultimate Seats to raise the passenger backrest a few inches - makes the ride significantly more comfortable for the passenger, and the extender only costs $40 or $45 - super easy installation, and well worth the few bucks it costs.
    I've had no problems with the bike.
    I've even been lucky with the paint - I have a '14 yellow deluxe, and the paint job seems to be holding up perfectly well.
    You're getting a great ride - have fun!

Welcome to the land of permagrin!

These are great, reliable and very enjoyable bikes. Issues are really small, like the paint. I find it OK, my bike is 2013 and looks great when cleaned and polished. I get compliments and questions about it all the time.

As with any bike, you will spend extra money to make it yours. Seat, windshield, pegs, etc. are usually changed/added by most here, but only you can figure what suits your needs after you start living with it for a while.

The most important thing is that you like it. Test ride is a must.

In my opinion this bike is meant to be ridden, not just looked at. It wil get you where you're going and back in comfort and great speed. But also be ready to answer a lot of questions from bystanders, bikers and nonbikers alike.

And huge plus is this Board! Great people and great info, I guess you know that already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

i can attest to the F6B being noticed by others; and questions being asked about it. It seems to generate the same interest and curiosity as the Triumph Rocket 3 classic I traded in for it.

Am quite surprised about the interest by others when they see it; to me it's "meh, it's just a Goldwing that has been slightly modified" but to others... they act like they've never seen the likes of one before.

Go figure.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Issues

I'm coming from (3 last bikes) a Yamaha 920 Virago, a Honda VTX1300, and a Yamaha Stratoliner 1900 (still have). For me and the F6b, issues are the short windshield (and I'm on the short side) and toe shifter being abit too low (and I have a smaller foot to begin with) it's not as easy to insert the foot into its proper location, and the overpriced backrest assembly (Honda's is the only one I have seen that I can live with, and BTW, I still looking for a less expensive used on. Good Luck on you choice

Wow, I thought I was cautious in my choices. Haven't had any issues, except for the Shit/Shinola black paint, useless chopped ws and gas milage with a lo of 35mpg. Still, the most awesome bike I've owned in 30 years of riding.
    ss^,
    Ken

Welcome!
    So the paint can be fixed with liquid glass. But the 15 has no issues from what I've heard.
    The wobble was fixed on mine when I changed tires and removed the balance weight.

I have no other issues. It's the best bike I have owned.
    Pull the trigger and we will see you in franklin!