The bike finally went over !!!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The bike finally went over !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Great timing for me my friend, I was looking this morning at a couple auto shops for a paint to match some small scratches on the rear and front wheels of my F6B..I think the engine guards are about the same color so I ordered a touch up pen..A little costly with shipping, but if it works I am happy.....Thanks
    $50.00 for an aerosol can to my door, expensive, they get the contracts and sell the paint to them cheap and charge the hell out of the little guy, everybody screws us. But I will have the paint, I am lucky, other than a small scratch on the right bag, maybe buffed out, cause it fell against the concrete curb, I consider myself lucky.

I feel better...

I really appreciate this thread as I now know I'm not the only one that has done this. I stopped at the end of a parking lot to transition to the street. I planted my right foot directly into a pothole and fell over like a falling tree. I was so embarrassed, but it does happen to everyone at least once (or, so I'm told!!). The crash bars did their thing and some black paint corrected most of the damage. She's as stealth as ever!

[QUOTE=RWS0292;127819]I really appreciate this thread as I now know I'm not the only one that has done this. I stopped at the end of a parking lot to transition to the street. I planted my right foot directly into a pothole and fell over like a falling tree. I was so embarrassed, but it does happen to everyone at least once (or, so I'm told!!). The crash bars did their thing and some black paint corrected most of the damage. She's as stealth as ever![/QUOTE

Iwish I could say it happened just once, each time it was on the side stand, I was never on the bike .

I was riding my VTX from the trailer to the garage, moving to a new place. Step driveway, and halfway up I stalled the bike, missed the brake and dumped it over. I was wearing shorts and flip flops.

The leather bags caught the bike, and it was easy to up-right holding the brake. My neighbors all watched with concern.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Great timing for me my friend, I was looking this morning at a couple auto shops for a paint to match some small scratches on the rear and front wheels of my F6B..I think the engine guards are about the same color so I ordered a touch up pen..A little costly with shipping, but if it works I am happy.....Thanks
    Yep
    Here is what I do when ever I buy a new scoot, I insist the dealer throw in touch up pens of all the paint colors on the bike if they want to sell to me, I've never had them turn me down. I received two pens the matt black and the shiny black when I took position of my F6B. Same thing when I bought two VTX1800c a black & an illusion blue at the same time.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

[QUOTE=choptop;127820]
    Quote Originally Posted by RWS0292 View Post
    I really appreciate this thread as I now know I'm not the only one that has done this. I stopped at the end of a parking lot to transition to the street. I planted my right foot directly into a pothole and fell over like a falling tree. I was so embarrassed, but it does happen to everyone at least once (or, so I'm told!!). The crash bars did their thing and some black paint corrected most of the damage. She's as stealth as ever![/QUOTE

Iwish I could say it happened just once, each time it was on the side stand, I was never on the bike .
    Well, my dumb@$$ was firmly planted in the seat. I ended up on my back looking up! I haven't had a side stand incident and I'm knocking on wood as we speak...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep
    Here is what I do when ever I buy a new scoot, I insist the dealer throw in touch up pens of all the paint colors on the bike if they want to sell to me, I've never had them turn me down. I received two pens the matt black and the shiny black when I took position of my F6B. Same thing when I bought two VTX1800c a black & an illusion blue at the same time.
    That's a great idea. You don't think about scratches and mishaps until it actually happens. That's forward thinking for sure.

A few weeks ago I parked my bike in the garage when I got home from work.
    When I entered the next day, it was on its side. Looked like the kickstand wasn't extended all the way forward.
    It hit my son's pedal bike. put a couple little scratches around the mirror, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by waynerock66 View Post
    While backing out of the building yesterday I lost my footing at the bottom of the ramp and it happened! There is a very slight incline into the building and I have almost lost it a couple of times when leaving early in the morning and slipping on the wet grass when transitioning from the ramp. Yesterday was dry and beautiful but when reaching the bottom my left foot bumped into the foot-peg while backing and I wasn't able to get it repositioned and planted before the "Starship" went over on it's left side. Luckily it was in the grass and as designed laid over on the crash bars. No harm, no foul. I did the "Goldwing walk" to right it and brushed off the grass and was on my way. We are in the process of re-designing the entire back yard over the summer so there will some thought put into extending the run off in the area in front of the building so as to ward off any future occurrences of this happening again. If you've haven't picked up your F6B yet, it is not as heavy as one would think but caution and sure footedness are a must.
    I try to avoid any gravel where I stop to park. Many times while having to back out of a gravel parking space my boots have slipped many many times and I scramble to get traction before going over. I don't care if your boots have tractor tire tread, you slip because you are really pushing back. Nerve wracking! Now if "available" parking spot is gravel, I will not stop. Another thing that I think is funny, before the B, I went down a steep paved road to the bottom of a dam in North Carolina on my Road King. I stopped at the end of the pavement into some large gravel about the size of eggs. When ready to leave I was "stuck". Seriously it took me about an hour to turn the front wheel about a quarter of an inch at a time until I could finally get out. No way could I back up that super heavy bike in that gravel. Can you tell that I don't like gravel?