SHOCKED
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOCKED

SHOCKED

I got curious how much my black deluxe would have been worth with almost 2000 of add ons which include F4 windshield,LED fogs and Cobra pipes At a few Harley dealerships.well I was stunned. 12000-13000.I know you dont get anything back on options but losing almost 8000 in a year is crazy.Yes I know they are Harley Dealers and hate to deal with metric bikes
    Like I said I was curious and have no intention of getting rid of my bike.I Love it and yes even more

Yup, I checked KBB and was pretty disappointed as well. Not holding value as I expected but like you, I don't plan on moving any time soon to another brand. All of my Harleys held up value pretty well. However, as you said never get much from add on's on anything.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    What did you realistically expect?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYZSTEALTH View Post
    I got curious how much my black deluxe would have been worth with almost 2000 of add ons which include F4 windshield,LED fogs and Cobra pipes At a few Harley dealerships.well I was stunned. 12000-13000.I know you dont get anything back on options but losing almost 8000 in a year is crazy.Yes I know they are Harley Dealers and hate to deal with metric bikes
    Like I said I was curious and have no intention of getting rid of my bike.I Love it and yes even more
    A Honda dealer will not do much better. All want to steal your bike then jack it up in price. Tis the way it's done.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

KBB/NADA

I posted this in a discussion about a low Ebay price:

"NADA says $12,800(low)-$16,845(high) for retail. KBB is a little more optimistic at $13,850 trade in and $18,030 retail"

In my experience most/many HD dealers do not put used non-harleys on the floor so they sell them to other dealers or take them to auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    What did you realistically expect?
    Not a 35 - 40% loss! I would never let mine go that low. But it is what it is.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Not a 35 - 40% loss! I would never let mine go that low. But it is what it is.
    Ok, you've told us what you didn't expect,,,, Now tell us what you did expect,,,

You might consider a consignment arrangement if you're willing to give the process a few weeks to play out. Will probably do better than you would on a trade, that's if you don't want to do a private sale. I don't particularly enjoy buying and selling on the Craigslist route, for obvious reasons.

It ain't just Harley dealers and they rip off their own customers as well.
    I was horrified when I distress sold my '06 Night Train to a Harley dealer. I'm glad I did because it paid for upgrades to my '93 Bronco. (I don't ride my F6B off road or in deep snow.)

HDs only hold their value if you don't ride them. At 60k miles I only got $12k for my 07 SG, but it was worth the loss to get the F6B.

I guess my SG was six years old but whatever. I knew the resale value wasn't gonna hold on the Honda but to me it's a long term bike.

If you keep it for many years it will be worth it.