2015 F6B out the door prices... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2015 F6B out the door prices...

Doesn't seem anymore bothersome than regular paint. Key to bugs is get em off early. Love bugs will etch your clearcoat. I have an old 88 Camaro that's testament to that. Don't know if the blue is metallic but it didn't peak my interest. Dealer had both and I gravitated to the metallic silver. I expressly use Original Bike Spirits, diluted baby shampoo in a spray bottle and microfibers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Thanks Stroguy..Ill let you know when I pull the trigger...my buddy does the trip from Cali to Ark. A few times a year and he loves the ride on his victory vision...

I applied a product called Opti-Coat 2.0 on my paint which is essentially a DIY clearcoat. It's invisible when you apply it and acts as a sacrificial layer over your paint and factory clearcoat (if these bikes have that).

Once or twice a year I'll give my bike a full detail including machine buffing with either a polishing pad or a very light cutting pad. The cutting pad is only used for things like bugs or water spots that have etched into the surface... but with the layer of Opti-Coat, I feel better knowing that the etching has *hopefully* only occurred into this layer and the factory paint is still perfect and untouched beneath it.

Matte and satin paints are new to me though; I'm wondering if the current products that we all use would be fine to use on it...?

Matte is not just paint and left for dead.

There are 'clear coats' of all types. The matte finish on my bike is treated exactly as the gloss coat finish on my Charger.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/kirk...vBMBoCKSXw_wcB

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/kirk...0-p-14561.aspx

Matte finish can be waxed without fear of instilling a high gloss shine.....itaintnot gonna happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    $21500 sticker - $500 Honda cash - $1200 - throw in a rear OEM luggage rack. OTD $19800 with a rack and $5000 trade in.

That's for a 2015 F6B deluxe in matte silver.

Here is my trade.

http://lunsfordhonda.lotvantage.com/...hicle/19526256

I called HOR as well and had put my $500 down on a 2015 Matte Silver deluxe only to find out that they don't do drafts from your bank, you must pay cash or cashiers check or money order no drafting from your bank. So I went to Bob Lunsford as well and traded my 2014 street glide in on a 2015 Matte Silver standard. I gave them the price that HOR was selling for and they went down to $18499 plus ttl. I drove out for $19 and some change.