Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The four major fires are:
    —Biggest, Pine Gulch Fire, about 80,000 acres north of Grand Junction.
    —Grizzly Creek Fire in Glenwood Canyon east of Glenwood Springs. I-70 through the Canyon has been closed for a week now. Really bad. Traffic impact on all East-West routes through Colorado, except US-160 town south.
    —Williams Fork Fire southeast of Kremmling and south of US-40 and North of I-70.
    —Cameron Peak Fire in Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins and East of Gould. CO-14 is closed for the length of the Canyon.

No or very little containment on these fires unfortunately.

Pretty much the entire state is being negatively impacted by smoke and resulting pollution. I did a 200 mile ride today over Guanella Pass and Squaw Pass north of US-285 and south of I-70 near Georgetown and Idaho Springs. We had a good ride but it was smoky this morning and very smoky this afternoon. We’ll just have to see how things are looking in early September. Unfortunately no significant rain in the forecast.

Couple of pictures. At the top of a Guanella Pass this morning before the smoke got bad, although it was still very hazy. And a sunset picture taken at my house in Woodland Park (west of Colorado Springs) the other evening.

722694EF-40FD-49A3-9A3B-DEC9CC192817.jpg. 55FB9FCB-8E49-4086-80CE-35910F5A0C0F.jpg
    Last edited by F6Bster; 08-17-2020 at 08:12 PM.

I enjoy your pictures. I would think that four weeks from now things will be different than they are now. I have a friend that rode through Grand Mesa and Montrose yesterday on his way home from Sturgis and he said he experienced the smoke but still enjoyed the ride. I am still looking forward to the trip and seeing everyone.

Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    The four major fires are:
    —Biggest, Pine Gulch Fire, about 80,000 acres north of Grand Junction.
    —Grizzly Creek Fire in Glenwood Canyon east of Glenwood Springs. I-70 through the Canyon has been closed for a week now. Really bad. Traffic impact on all East-West routes through Colorado, except US-160 town south.
    —Williams Fork Fire southeast of Kremmling and south of US-40 and North of I-70.
    —Cameron Peak Fire in Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins and East of Gould. CO-14 is closed for the length of the Canyon.

No or very little containment on these fires unfortunately.

Pretty much the entire state is being negatively impacted by smoke and resulting pollution. I did a 200 mile ride today over Guanella Pass and Squaw Pass north of US-285 and south of I-70 near Georgetown and Idaho Springs. We had a good ride but it was smoky this morning and very smoky this afternoon. We’ll just have to see how things are looking in early September. Unfortunately no significant rain in the forecast.

Couple of pictures. At the top of a Guanella Pass this morning before the smoke got bad, although it was still very hazy. And a sunset picture taken at my house in Woodland Park (west of Colorado Springs) the other evening.

722694EF-40FD-49A3-9A3B-DEC9CC192817.jpg. 55FB9FCB-8E49-4086-80CE-35910F5A0C0F.jpg
    What a sunset! Hey I wanted to ask a Colorado boy if it gets cold on our trip how important are the heated pants? Got the heated jacket liner and gloves but just have those freeze out long johns.