Kuryakyn rear LED lights

Thread: Kuryakyn rear LED lights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I read some reviews about the LED lights and how some stop working or LEDs fail. The last thing I want to do is stick (literally) them on the back of my bike and have them fail.

Anyone experience this?
    Are these stories legit... or borne out of shady installations?

The connector for these lights is just hanging behind the rear fender, in a perfect spot for the rear tire to throw crap on it and foul it up. You really need to heatshrink or tape it up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Are these stories legit... or borne out of shady installations?

The connector for these lights is just hanging behind the rear fender, in a perfect spot for the rear tire to throw crap on it and foul it up. You really need to heatshrink or tape it up IMO.
    Have had mine since June of 2013, and 23,589 miles, and still all good. As the Brother stated above, He is on point. Wrapped wire, and connectors water tight.

EXTRA ADAPTER TO INSTALL?

did you guys buy the http://store.valueaccessories.net/Ku...012andF6B.aspx adapter or just tap to the bike wires ?
    Ride what makes you happy I do and right now it is my F6B

I ordered the wire harness. I have not installed the lights yet. Should be at my door any day now.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I ordered the wire harness. I have not installed the lights yet. Should be at my door any day now.
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE INSTALL .
    I'm waiting for bunch of stuff .

kury led tail light
    whelen tir3
    rubber grommet .

when i do the back want to do all at once .
    now I'm going to electrical connections to get the extra wire harness to light up my blinkers housing .
    also need to order need led bulbs for the back

Quote Originally Posted by badpapi View Post
    did you guys buy the http://store.valueaccessories.net/Ku...012andF6B.aspx adapter or just tap to the bike wires ?
    Yup... just get the connector.

For $25 you get a cleaner installation and you're not gonna burn an hour of your life figuring out which wires to tap; I think most people's time is worth more than this amount of money

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Yup... just get the connector.

For $25 you get a cleaner installation and you're not gonna burn an hour of your life figuring out which wires to tap; I think most people's time is worth more than this amount of money
    THANKS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by badpapi View Post
    THANKS !!!

It is way easier to wire in any rear lights with the Rear Accessory Harness. The installation is very quick also.

We also have never had a failure of the Kuryakyn rear lights from any of our customers, we did have one of our customers who purchased from somewhere else had one fail that was replaced. Same goes for the Show Chrome version, very dependable. They are both work well, just totally different styles.

You will want to protect the wires and connections, also ty-wrap them appropriately.
    When installing the Fender Tip Lights or anything else going on the removable Fender portion you will need to use a waterproof connector. I used a 5 pin trailer connector on mine.

Rear Lower Fender.jpgRear Wiring.jpgRear 00814.jpg

THANKS FOR PICS

I JUST INSTALLED THE Kuryakyn 3248 Black LED Rear Fender Tip with Run Brake Accent Light AND USED THE Kuryakyn Rear Accessory Harness, Honda F6B 3234
    EASY WIRE PLUG N PLAY ,
    EXCEPT THE KURYAKYN LED FENDER TRIM .. THE ADHESIVE STRIPS NEVER TOUCH ANY SURFACE OF THE FENDER.
    "Rub the adhesive backing with the back of your fingernail to activate the adhesive.
    Remove the backing. Attach the Rear Fender Trim to the bottom of the rear fender
    panel by placing one of the included flat washers, then a spacer over the threads
    of each of the included M6 button head cap screws."

THE ADHESIVE STRIP NEVER MAKES CONTACT TO THE FENDER.. IS THIS A DESIGN ISSUE?