What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Helmet on your F6B?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yes, the Sena 20S. It fits in nicely with great ear pockets for the speakers.

After owning many helmets including Shoei and Arai, this one is my favorite. It has all the features I'm looking for...comfort, ventilation, quality, quick release buckle, low weight, low noise, excellent optics including pin lock, internal sunshade, Coolmax lining, intermediate oval shape, and maybe some other features that aren't coming to mind quickly. I see these helmets on closeout so I guess the word just didn't really get out about this previously unheard of brand. It's a shame really because, at the discounts I'm now seeing, this is a great value.
    Hey Ken,

I just received the pearl white Kabuto Ibuki and the Sena 20s comm device. Was a little worried that it would not fit (buying sight unseen from the Internet) but seems to be a good fit for me. Not too tight and not too loose:

Can you give a little more detail on how you mounted it to the left side of the helmet? I understand how to mount these things using the mechanical clamp. However the Ibuki has a little pronounced rubber 'edge" that seems to be make it possibly a little difficulty to get a good mechanical clamp on the side of the helmet (at tip of red arrow). Did you trim it possibly?

Also, how have you routed your mike? Exactly?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Willtill--No trimming required. It's an easy and straightforward installation. Here's mine:

Attachment 20185

If you come up with a better way, let us know.
    Ken (Hornblower)

For many, many years I didn't wear a helmet unless I went to a state that required it. I've tried to wear one regularly but can't do a full face. Instant claustrophobia! Last summer I bought a Nolan 104 Modular with the Bluetooth. Figured I could get use to it. Wore it a couple of times with the shield up and like the sunshade. Also like the european style chin strap. Still can't ride with the shield down for long so it's in the bag on a shelf. Won't let the grandkids ride with me or 4-whellers or dirt bikes without a helmet so there are all sizes out there on the shelf (13 grandkids). Ordered a Bell Pit Boss from Jafram and I really like it. Fits nice and comes off quickly. Sorry for the long story!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Willtill--No trimming required. It's an easy and straightforward installation. Here's mine:

Attachment 20185

If you come up with a better way, let us know.
    Thanks Ken! That is perfect. And it appears that your routing of the boom mike is the best and only way.

I'll tear into my helmet later this week and get the Sena20s mounted.

One thing about this helmet that I have never had before... is the chin curtain. That may take some getting used to. may have to remove it when the weather gets hotter as well.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I finally got my Sena 20S mounted on my new Kabuto Ibuki helmet yesterday. Thanks Ken for your pictures. Gave me courage

There is a lot going on; regarding functionality on the left side of the helmet. And I am right handed May be challenging while wearing gloves; so we'll see. Finger-less gloves are a huge help when "feeling" for the various controls of the helmet and Sena unit; as depicted by the yellow arrows above.

Now my biggest challenge at the moment is committing all of the Sena functions to my memory. The more I use it; the better I'll become at using it.

Now....

.... I think I need to complete the Helmet with.... a camera.

And maybe...

...a "whoopee" light on top of it too.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I'm very happy with my Nolan N44 Evo. The chin guard is removable to make it a true 3/4.

Blaine

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Iron Man

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I finally got my Sena 20S mounted on my new Kabuto Ibuki helmet yesterday. Thanks Ken for your pictures. Gave me courage

There is a lot going on; regarding functionality on the left side of the helmet. And I am right handed May be challenging while wearing gloves; so we'll see. Finger-less gloves are a huge help when "feeling" for the various controls of the helmet and Sena unit; as depicted by the yellow arrows above.

Now my biggest challenge at the moment is committing all of the Sena functions to my memory. The more I use it; the better I'll become at using it.

Now....

.... I think I need to complete the Helmet with.... a camera.

And maybe...

...a "whoopee" light on top of it too.
    Hey Will There is a handelbar control for the sena's. I have been looking and the location of the controls have been an issue making me re-consider till I saw this....http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...he8RoCPiPw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Hey Will There is a handelbar control for the sena's. I have been looking and the location of the controls have been an issue making me re-consider till I saw this....http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...he8RoCPiPw_wcB
    Interesting. I must study this later. Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537