Harley Davidson gets their... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harley Davidson gets their...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    And WHO do you think pays these fines? F&*K the EPA.....
    HD fine is a "drop in the bucket" compared to the $Billions we give to Iran, Irag, etc. etc....This country is so F'd up in its priorities that we will never get out of debt.......Huck Fillary!!!!

Yeah, I would not bring the bike back. Who cares about the warranty. You would make the money on the resale. You want to be an "outlaw," here's your chance.

So if I remember correctly, after I bought mine, The SERT, or race tuner was a module that unlocked the ECM, to load custom tunes.
    What's stopping someone from loading the latest map, returning it for a full refund? Will HD really remap all bikes to the stock tune?
    I may be able to fine mine somewhere in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    So if I remember correctly, after I bought mine, The SERT, or race tuner was a module that unlocked the ECM, to load custom tunes.
    What's stopping someone from loading the latest map, returning it for a full refund? Will HD really remap all bikes to the stock tune?
    I may be able to fine mine somewhere in a box.
    If it ever comes in for service, they probably have a record of the customer purchasing a screaming chicken in the computer.. and they may just reflash the ECM as a matter of protocol.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    With the Screaming Eagle enhancements now done, how are those Harley Folks going to "pull stumps"

There should be a big decrease in "sticker prices" at the HD Dealers. Maybe a "fire sale" of sorts

We best not be too smug as Big Brother will be looking at other "fuel/performance add on boxes"

Not sure if this is the culprit or not! Just $250.00 from your local HD Dealer!

Attachment 22830
    Those tuners were absolute junk and at the dealer I worked at quit installing them. First you had to find a place to stuff it into and second you had to spend serious time and money on the dyno. Harley is notorious for coming out with junk products that don't work and then discontinuing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Circle-5
    The worst part about this is how it opens the door for heavy-handed regulation on after-market exhaust pipes, ECU remapping (both hardware and software) and any other performance enhancements. There are countless government regulators out there, trying to justify their existence ...

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    The worst part about this is how it opens the door for heavy-handed regulation on after-market exhaust pipes, ECU remapping (both hardware and software) and any other performance enhancements. There are countless government regulators out there, trying to justify their existence ...
    Great point. I have no idea of how they would keep up with after market equipment that's sold all over the world. Again, not a good use of government resources chasing around middle-aged dudes trying to make their rides better.

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    I have no idea of how they would keep up with after market equipment that's sold all over the world. Again, not a good use of government resources chasing around middle-aged dudes trying to make their rides better.
    Simple: pass a regulation that requires certain components to have a DOT-approved inscription (like helmets already do), then enforce it by confiscating money from violators. Heck, every acronym in government could demand a share of such easy money: EPA, AQMDs, OAR (that's the Office of Air and Radiation, for those who don't keep up. Yes, somebody is in charge of the air).

In France, the government is banning motorcycles from entering Paris, if they were built before 2000. Other cities are salivating at the idea of doing the same. Can you imagine getting a hefty fine because you dared enter the city on your 1999 Valkyrie? And they call themselves "liberals".

Yes, governments will always invent ever increasing regulatory burdens, until everybody is constantly breaking one law or another, simply to fund their pension liabilities.

But I digress ...