Public Reactions to Your F6B - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Public Reactions to Your F6B

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    I think i'll move up to QLD Terry, i like the sound of the dress code LOL
    Mate i lived in Morwell in the Valley for near 40 years ex military time and been up hear near 20
    trust me mate up here is better than good

I have gotten a few comments on my F6B, but not near as many, or as often, as I did when I rode my 2011 Victory Vision Tour....Nobody that I ever talked to had ever seen a bike like the "Jetsons" mobile....It was an awesome looking bike and was one of those styles that one either loved or hated!!

Always positive comments. Nice bike man, is that a BMW. Harley rider said the more I look at that bike the more I like it!! On a 400 mile group ride. Harley riders wife said. His seat sure looks comfortable! He said what the hell ride with him then!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    You must have a big belly Doug!
    My attitude (and I admit it' a little harsh) has been shaped from mostly a brand loyal group. This brand rider knows only one shield (there is a clue there) and unless you ride his brand, wear his brand of clothes, etc your's is inferior and a rice burner. It just really gets old I have always been interested in all brands and all class of motorcycles. I would like to clear the air, yes I do like to have someone ask me about my bike but in the way that shows & gives respect and I will always do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

All Good

I have had mine for 20 months now, 28K miles, when it is parked outside my office (most days) folks stop to take pictures or just admire the bike, I have been stopped on the road and people comment. While in Laconia last year I only saw one other F6B. Several were pointing as I rode by, Wow look at that bike! I was at a benefit for a fellow rider and all the Harley guys were circled around the bike admiring the look. I have had all positive reactions, except one Harley Chick just did not like my Honda!

My last bike was an 02 GL1800 Illusion Blue.

Ride Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    My attitude (and I admit it' a little harsh) has been shaped from mostly a brand loyal group. This brand rider knows only one shield (there is a clue there) and unless you ride his brand, wear his brand of clothes, etc your's is inferior and a rice burner. It just really gets old I have always been interested in all brands and all class of motorcycles. I would like to clear the air, yes I do like to have someone ask me about my bike but in the way that shows & gives respect and I will always do the same.
    DITTO! In my case what makes this funny is that I rode that brand for a decade. I found a better bike (Victory at the time) and all my HD buddies were suddenly not as friendly as they once were. Strange how metal, rubber and chrome has so much power in ones thinking.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I gotta say, by the way, DougRR, I also admire your taste in sports cars. I had two S2000s, a 2001 and then a used 2005 (that I traded my Gold Wing in for). Most impressive sports cars I've ever owned.

With my last bike, I often had people go out of their way to ask questions. One time at a stoplight, the guy in front of me actually got out of his car and walked over to me to ask about my bike. This attention might be understandable if I had a Rune or some other rare motorcycle, but it was a 2011 FJR1300. It was very weird that the most common bike I've ever owned would get such attention. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with my new F6B.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
    I gotta say, by the way, DougRR, I also admire your taste in sports cars. I had two S2000s, a 2001 and then a used 2005 (that I traded my Gold Wing in for). Most impressive sports cars I've ever owned.
    Thanks for the kind words about the S. I have a buddy in town that had a pair of them one was a S2000CR club racer and that S was most impressive. Below is a picture of my engine in the S for folks that haven't had the pleasure to see one. Absolutely a race car on the street with a 9000 rpm redline and a much needed rev limiter they reach redline so quickly. Only Honda back in 1999 could market this crown jewel for under $30K.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Doug you're preachin to the choir.