Inspection Sticker Plate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspection Sticker Plate

Inspection Sticker Plate

Since I live in the good ole state of Virginia, my F6B requires an inspection sticker be applied somewhere on the left side of the bike. I still have 30 day tags on it so I have a little time to figure out where to put the sticker. I saw some inspection sticker plates online for sale.

Does anyone on here have to have inspection stickers and if so, how/where did you put it? I'd don't want to put it on any plastic. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

In Texas I suppose we have too but........

I haven't displayed one on any of my bikes since 98 or 99, that's been 4 bikes. If there was one I'd leave it in a saddlebag and never think about another replacement till someone would mention it...............and never would.

LL

On the left side of the bike, a little back of the front wheel, very low on what I believe is called the 'nose cowling', below where you would install the fog light. Since this part curves under toward the center line of the bike, the sticker isn't even visible unless you get down low to look for it.
    That's where my dealer put it (stickers are required in New York State).

In NC inspection is via computer. No current inspection=no renewal. Not bad, at least NC got one thing correct.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    In NC inspection is via computer. No current inspection=no renewal. Not bad, at least NC got one thing correct.
    Beginning next year TX will be doing the same. Currently, Insp sticker is required to be (easily) visible from the rear.

Quite a few sticker plates available online. Tough to make it look 'good' anywhere on the bike, especially if it has to be forward/on the side/ whatever.

Is there anything around the Pass. peg area one could mount a plate to??? Kinda low,,,,???

Or,,,

If unwilling to apply sticker DIRECTLY to paint/plastic,,, maybe a patch of clear 3M paint protector on the lower rear portion of the front fender, w/sticker mounted to the 3M material?

This may be a stupid question...but being from a state that pretty much has every law and requirement in the U.S., I've never heard of an inspection sticker for a motorcycle before. What is it, and what are they inspecting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    In MO they want them on the left fork up high. Kury has the plates.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    This may be a stupid question...but being from a state that pretty much has every law and requirement in the U.S., I've never heard of an inspection sticker for a motorcycle before. What is it, and what are they inspecting?
    Lighting function , brakes , tire condition , brake lines , cracks in the frame and overall safeness. I failed a homemade trike a few weeks ago. POS. I don't fail too many bikes.

I am from NY and inspections are required. If you use an inspection plate, the mounting screw has to be covered by the sticker. In other words non removable without damage to the sticker. Alot of the plates out there have an offset and a hole for the bolt to fasten to bike, not legal in NY

I put mine on the left side inside the cowling, it is visible if you look for it. No problem so far.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    Might be combined with your emissions testing?

Tx does lights, brakes, signals, horn, tire tread, etc on bikes. Most places won't ride 'em due to insurance.

Cages get all that with a short drive around the lot + wiper checks, etc,,, Certain smog area's like Houston and Dallas get 'spot' checks on your emissions systems,,, They may check your gas cap to see if it seals,,, Pop the hood to look for modifications,, look for a 'check engine' light,,, Usually they will link into the OBD2 if you have a CE light showing to see whats wrong,,,

Some of the older cars may require sniffer tests on a dyno if they are suspect. (One of the places I go has the equipment to do it. I'm sure many places don't)

(The place I mentioned above has all the 'official rules' listed on the wall. Been a while, but what I remember about the dyno/sniffer is what's written above.)