Commercial Bike Haulers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commercial Bike Haulers

Commercial Bike Haulers

I tried to search, but could not get it narrowed down. I am looking at having my bike shipped from California to Indiana around June 1. Anyone have any recommendations for a dependable and affordable shipper?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    I tried to search, but could not get it narrowed down. I am looking at having my bike shipped from California to Indiana around June 1. Anyone have any recommendations for a dependable and affordable shipper?
    Well, I don't have any recommendations, buuuut... for a certain amount of motel, snacks, a couple tanks of gas and airfare back to Cali, I'd be willing to ride your bike out to ya!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I can't remember the names of the companies that specialize in hauling bikes, but if my memory serves me right there are a few "classic car" haulers on the web that also transfer bikes from one place to another...

I had a buddy who uses http://www.uship.com/ has sold many bikes on ebay. swears by them

Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Several years ago I shipped an 83 GL1100 from Cupertino CA to NC. I contacted Uship.com and had several independent contractors bid on it.

They had 8 to 10 guys with big pick-up's and 40' enclosed trailers running back and forth across the country picking up and dropping off bikes all over. The guy I dealt with was from Miss. and was in the middle of a run. He was in Sacramento, just getting ready to head south to L.A. and then back east to D.C. and then Miami.

All of the guys I talked to were bonded, insured, and thoroughly vetted by Uship. For $500.00 the guy I dealt with detoured to Cupertino and picked up my (somewhat ratty) 83 and strapped it in between a beautifully restored mid 60's Vespa and a fantastic early 70's ducati .... (there was also a mint 75 Kaw in the mix) ....

He had a website and I could see where he was and what his status was at any time.

An all around great experience with Uship.

Just my 2 cents

Thank you all very much. I will make some calls and see what I can line up.

Stay away from RPM UNLIMITED

This guy makes promises and does not come thru Rocky Milot with RPM UNLIMITED MUST BE A DRUNK EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE. really left me hanging as my selller had no space to store it.Booked thru Patirot global, The gal Betty did come thru and refunded the deposit an offered a free ship when I needed something from Cali???
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    SKSFOX

I just had a bike shipped from Florida...............

I started out on U-ship and holy cow!!!!!!!
    Talk about protocol and BeeEsss (it was my first time for shipping a bike so...). After posting all my requirements I still had guys wanting to open trailer, cattle trailer, car hauler I just about wished for good weather and rode it 1,200 miles home myself.

Just happened a friend of mine was having a bike shipped and passed me his guys name. I contacted him and the deal was on. An individual who mainly moves bikes in his enclosed full-sized low ramped trailer, kept me updated before and during shipment and arrived ahead of schedule. He waited around to make sure I was happy after unloading the bike went on his way.

Shipper I used....
    Huntington Beach Hauling (Tim Weig)

I have not used these guys, but found them in a search for my move out west. Definitely worth checking out:

http://www.haulbikes.com

Let me know if you use them. I'd love some feedback on them. I plan on moving my F6B out west later this year when we move to Reno.