Just to clear the air
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear the air

Just to clear the air

I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.

shooter
    Hey you're like me. You are passionate about certain subjects. Sometimes I get carried away. I scripted an apology a couple weeks ago. I must say that the board mods on this forum are very tolerant. Guys like me and tax are gonna make a mistake occasionally. I'm gonna try to do better.

It makes for a fun reading!

Seriously, focus on bike issues and all will be fine. I come here to learn and get help about my F6B. If I wanted to discuss world politics I'm sure there are other forums for that.

Let's just have fun, ride bikes, make new friends and enjoy one of the best bikes made today!

I do appreciate your posts here and I thank you for being great guys to converse with!

So remember, everyone likes classy:

Attachment 11439

Not grumpy:

Attachment 11440

Let's have fun!

shooter
    You don't get it Luke. We are never gonna be like you. We don't have a tolerant bone in our body. Its gonna happen again. We are just apologizing in advance.

Thumbs up HMM?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You don't get it Luke. We are never gonna be like you. We don't have a tolerant bone in our body. Its gonna happen again. We are just apologizing in advance.
    OK, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.
    I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best!

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

Totally off subject but you're the first NYer I have seen on here. I was wondering if anyone else in NY knew how to use the forum lol.

I don't consider myself intolerant but there are instances I guess when that may seem so. That's just a part of my personality I guess which is a product of upbringing. Both my parents were military so life was very black and white because tolerance today seems to mean not taking a side and trying to please both parties. I can't apologize for taking a side and defending it, however, if the facts prove otherwise I would be the first one to admit it. I apologized to the forum because this is not a venue for that, I'll take my responsibility for my part. In my defense I was just responding to what were the first volleys from the other side. Some people can disagree in heated conversations but it never gets personal, and it shouldn't, others can't. Anyway, maybe this helped clear up some misconceptions.

The old Chinese philosopher said :
    "It's very easy to pick the tasty cherries and enjoy their sweetness with others ,
    but if you want to find a real friend , try to eat with him all barrel of salt first ".

It's sometimes really difficult to bite one's tongue after being goaded or jabbed. I speak from experience.
    Yes, we've all had our buttons pushed at one time or another. There are always a few (and sometimes many) members of any forum who thrive on button pushing.
    I can't say I've found any here in the 7 months I've been a member.
    Most of the credit for that goes to Phantom, who does a fantastic balancing job between allowing freedom of speech and quick intervention, when rarely necessary.
    The rest of the credit I give to our members, who are mature adults, with a lot of life experience, and little to prove to others.
    A quick reset and forward we move.