F6B vs Full GoldWing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B vs Full GoldWing

F6B vs Full GoldWing

Has anyone had lot of experience on both the F6B and the full GoldWing? Could you give a full comparison on your take about the best and worst of each.

I have only ridden the full GoldWing once. I need to go try a test ride now that I have experience on the F6B.
    Steve

Search result

"Did you own a goldwing before the f6b" has 90+ responses....just the first quick search I hit.
    Some say full wing seats you more forward, thus more room on the 6

Many Wings thru the years.
    Need the trunk ? By the full.
    All other aspects, buy the F6B.
    Need more carry capacity? Buy the F6B and a trailer to haul yo shit.
    Done deal!

Not having the rear trunk makes the F6B lighter to handle from pushing it out of the garage to riding down the HWY.

I have both at my house I have Not rode a long trip on the F6 but my wife and I just returned from a 1875 mile trip she had no complaints , I can tell you the F6 feels like a hot rod to me I love my wing but the extra weight is felt as for turns the F6 to me turns faster , all in all they are Both Top Notch Bikes
    Battoo

Add a GIVI topcase or 2 when needed.... unlock it and takeoff when not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Or add a rack which attaches to a trailer hitch that can be easily removed when not in use.

Or go Jed Clampett s.tyle and take it all

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Has anyone had lot of experience on both the F6B and the full GoldWing? Could you give a full comparison on your take about the best and worst of each.
    Really.
    I have only ridden the full GoldWing once. I need to go try a test ride now that I have experience on the F6B.
    Steve
    I owned a full wing for five years and put over 125k miles on it. I now have a 2015 deluxe f6b I have now owned since September 2015 with just over 10k miles on her.

Loved the full wing and never shied from riding it anywhere there was pavement and a few places without. The bike handles better than any big bike I had ever ridden. It truly was a sports bike on steroids. For touring it is th best, lots of storage and comfortable for those long interstate miles trying to get your riding location. I had put many 600 plus mile days on the wing and always felt comfortable. Never felt heavy once moving. I had struts up front and had replaced the OEM rear shock with a trxxion Shock once the OEM wore out. This big bike was fun on the twisties for sure! I never found a v twin that could stay with me in the twisties.

Decided I needed a new bike and road the 6. I knew I was going to get either the 6 or a new full wing. The 6 feels so much lighter at low speeds, has a little more power due to the lighter weight. I initially missed the trunk but no longer. The riding position is a little more open and it's comfy for me. Essentially I find the 6 is just fine for my style of riding. Long distances its comfy, carries enough for a single rider and loves the twisties!

I think the biggest difference is that the full wing is its only bike if one rides two up and loves long touring. It's hard to beat. The 6 is great for the single rider who wants alittle more power and a lighter lower seated bike. I find that I scrape my Pegs more on the 6 but not sure if that because I'm riding harder or if it's due to the suspension. Remember, my full wing had after market suspension.

Hope this helps. Just my option. Either bike puts a great big smile on my fave!

Well I guess I made the right choice with the F6B. I only ride by myself and I have a leather covered hard tour pack from my old Fatboy I can mount when needed. To be honest it has been mounted since last March a year ago because it is so nice to have 2 helmets. I now have 16000 miles on the F6B in the first year. I still have this uncontrolable need to tell everyone that this is the best bike ever made. I am completely sold on the GoldWing I just thought that maybe I missed something on first look at the full Wing.
    Steve