Shooting Advice

Thread: Shooting Advice

Shooting Advice

Some words to the wise. Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B: Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off. (I prefer the sound of a slug being chambered when you cock a shotgun)

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
    If you're in a gun fight:
    1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
    2. If you're not loading, you should be moving,
    3. If you're not moving', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about? (I call it being prepared)

L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language. AMEN!

M: You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

ACTION IS ALWAYS FASTER THAN RE-ACTION !!!!!

Don't think- re-act !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

N. Never take a knife to a gun fight.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

shooter
    O. Overkill is a good thing when it comes to what you're packin. Strive to carry the largest caliber that you can shoot well and carry no less than 2 reloads. Hope I'm not butting in Dickie. Great thread.

PEE: Aim small, miss small. Terrorists have no heart. Thus, they get one to the face as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Practice

And please, if you carry, practice shooting, practice drawing, practice safe gun handling.

one wrong thing

There shouldn't be the sound of you chambering a shell in your shotgun, it should already be loaded and the only sound they should hear before they die is the safety clicking off. I have heard that before about the sound of a shotgun chambering a shell to scare of the intruder, that's just bullshxt, a hardcore intruder won't be running so just click the safety off and give him something to scare the bejesus out of him.

shooter
    THIS^^^^^^^^. I don't want to scare him. I want to change his whole perspective.