Ultimate King
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Ultimate King

So, I finally sprung for a new seat, and Ultimate is offering me a 14-day trial period. I am planning a 10 day half-cross Canada ride and will give it a good go. Couple things I noticed right off...

1. The price I paid was in $Cdn vice the advertised $US on the site. Saved myself 30% on exchange. Any US people that are looking for a seat, might want to get it from the Cdn distributor and save some $$.

2. The 14 day trial is only good for a seat with standard vinyl/vinyl construction. Custom seats are not open for the trial. I was planning on exchanging my trial seat for one with carbon fibre inserts if I like the seat after my ride. Turns out, they gave me a seat with carbon fibre inserts and I am gtg either way. This will potentially save me the hassle of an exchange. +1

3. That bad boy was a tight fit! Getting the stock bolts to line up was a bitch! I’ve read on the forums that you can get tapered bolts or grind a taper into the stock ones. I’d prefer to just get tapered ones. Where can I find those? (Update: http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...&GroupGuid=118)

4. They threw in some rain covers gratis, so that saved me some more $. Putting that on is like trying to squeeze into a medium Durex. Another tight fit! Plus it’s a hassle with the rack out back.

Overall first impressions... Great service from the folks at Ultimate Toronto! Nice looking seat! Fits like a glove on the quick test ride!

DD82304A-9777-43AE-B474-072FA10A767C.jpg 406EAF3C-FF56-4274-A246-AE36D0044044.jpg7F832D5B-42F0-46B9-A8DF-3BD572FD1E14.jpg F91B5496-AFF7-48AB-A89C-9A1D637E0B9A.jpg
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 07-31-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I put an Ultimate midrider on Friday. I put about 400 miles on this past weekend to see how it was. I think it’s a keeper! I may try to ride my next day off( Sunday to be sure but really don’t think my mind will change. I had an Ultimate on my vtx and never got a sore but. The quality is tops .

I got an Ultimate on mine when I took off the Corbin, never looked back. Had several of them on legacy Valks as well. The Company is top notch for service as well.

I bought a mid rider start of June and its been on for about 2500 km. Much more comfortable than the Mustang I had on previously or the OEM. I love the backrest.
    2013 F6B in black of course

They're great seats! I prefer my RDL but the Ultimate I had was a very close second.
    If you have a vise & a fine tooth file, you can round the ends of the bolts off yourself. Just smooth over that hard edge until it's rounded a bit.

Can you still use the stock passenger backrest when installing one of these seats or does it need to come off?
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

No stock backrest works fine.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I bought an Ultimate King with drivers backrest and now have over 40K on it. Just recently started using an Airhawk with it. Wouldn't trade either one.

Just finished a 3,000 mile trip with my Ultimate King. Wish i could say it was comfortable. The first 60 miles,and after that it was a constant shifting my body to relieve pressure to my back side. Its a bummer to spend the kind of money on a seat,and to be looking at other options. And like someone said earlier it was a bear to line up and install. Next step is looking into airhawk?

I really dont get spending 800 plus dollars on a seat and then spending 100 dollars on an air cushion. Something there just doesnt add up in my head. I see there is several riders who have done that. To each there own I guess.
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.