North East Meet and Greet - Page 14
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Ride Itinerary

Folks:

I'll be Ride Captain for Saturdays Ride! I know the route soo well I can ride it blindfolded That aside, here's our ride format. We ride staggered! No two abreast!. We drive for the most part the speed limit. Don't want any of my guests receiving a "Gift Card" (speeding ticket) from any of our local or state speed enforcement officers. My 67 old prostate manages rest stops. I know them by heart especially along our planned route. If we need additional quick stops, so be it. A flash of the high beams gets my attention and I'll attempt to get us to the side of the road quickly and safely. The route contains some breathtaking scenery along with some of the best cycling roads in Pa. Running the speed limit will ensure all riders get to share the scenery without being "white knuckled". There will be plenty of places to get a full meal or tasty sandwich. The choice will be yours We'll have some stops for pictures at "Hawk's Nest", Robeling Bridge, Zane Gray Museum and the likes. Make sure you have your cell or a good camera for panoramic vistas. ( This is not the Rockies, merely the Pocono Mountains of NY/PA Border Country. We will be ending the days ride near several good eateries which are within several miles of each other. Again those who want to dine will have a choice.

Really looking forward to, as I know Bob Penn is, in showing you our "back yard"

Those of you needing my cell # can give me a PM!

Warm Regards

bob109

Well now, if you will be doing the ride blindfolded, you are going to miss out on the sites. Plus I can do a handstand threw the twisties .

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Folks:

I'll be Ride Captain for Saturdays Ride! I know the route soo well I can ride it blindfolded That aside, here's our ride format. We ride staggered! No two abreast!. We drive for the most part the speed limit. Don't want any of my guests receiving a "Gift Card" (speeding ticket) from any of our local or state speed enforcement officers. My 67 old prostate manages rest stops. I know them by heart especially along our planned route. If we need additional quick stops, so be it. A flash of the high beams gets my attention and I'll attempt to get us to the side of the road quickly and safely. The route contains some breathtaking scenery along with some of the best cycling roads in Pa. Running the speed limit will ensure all riders get to share the scenery without being "white knuckled". There will be plenty of places to get a full meal or tasty sandwich. The choice will be yours We'll have some stops for pictures at "Hawk's Nest", Robeling Bridge, Zane Gray Museum and the likes. Make sure you have your cell or a good camera for panoramic vistas. ( This is not the Rockies, merely the Pocono Mountains of NY/PA Border Country. We will be ending the days ride near several good eateries which are within several miles of each other. Again those who want to dine will have a choice.

Really looking forward to, as I know Bob Penn is, in showing you our "back yard"

Those of you needing my cell # can give me a PM!

Warm Regards

bob109
    Sounds fair to me! I'll be glad to see some other B's, never mind the scenery. It was great to ride with Dan a few weekends ago. Too bad weather is a crap shoot here.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Well now, if you will be doing the ride blindfolded, you are going to miss out on the sites. Plus I can do a handstand threw the twisties .
    I'm guessing you've been on this route before

Maybe one eye closed

NE

Bob 15th or 22nd ok, cannot do Saturday.

Hey Dave, if you still going to the meet, let me know we could meet at exit 11 off 84 gas station at top of ramp on right. Just give me a time, I'm figuring hour to Welcome Center. thanks Jeff
    Potential plan if we can get a agreed date and OK WX.

Weather Update

Just pulled the local forecast with Doppler Radar. Areas of heavy rain quickly moving West of the Pa./NY border with clearing East of the same line. Partially sunny with a projected temp of 43 degrees a.m. rising to 63 degrees P.M.

I'll be at the Reception Area a bit after 10

bob109

39 now as I start to get ready...wasn't going to do long johns, but I am now! It'll warm up as the sun rises. 60 when I get out there will feel pretty good. Looking forward to a nice long day of riding with you guys. Not looking forward to the ride back, but it'll be good for me to see how the bike handles and also what I need to improve on for the next time. You can read into that, "how wet I get!" There is a slight method to my madness.

I'll be on the road no later than 7:30. Need to stop at the shop and check air pressure. I work at a tire shop and haven't checked it in about three weeks

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    39 now as I start to get ready...wasn't going to do long johns, but I am now! It'll warm up as the sun rises. 60 when I get out there will feel pretty good. Looking forward to a nice long day of riding with you guys. Not looking forward to the ride back, but it'll be good for me to see how the bike handles and also what I need to improve on for the next time. You can read into that, "how wet I get!" There is a slight method to my madness.

I'll be on the road no later than 7:30. Need to stop at the shop and check air pressure. I work at a tire shop and haven't checked it in about three weeks
    Currently 37 here with a light fog/mist! Still looking for afternoon temps in the low 60's. Layering cloths with a turtle neck, sweat shirt and leathers. See you at the Reception Center

I will try to go with the flow. I normally have weekends free, so unless unforeseen objects pop up, I be good.

A s for this weekend, anyone still meeting Saturday at the Welcome center??? It's only about 45 minutes for me and be willing to show up for a ride.

Jeff
    Sorry heading to cigarfest!

Sitting in the hotel room. Want to shout out to Bob Penn, bob109, and Jeff, zzh54 for a great ride today. I will definitely do this again. On a short notice, day before thing, I couldn't have asked for more. I feel like they did it for me since I forced things on them! Great bunch of guys.