Quote Originally Posted by tonycarver View Post
we had a zumo GPS installed through the dealership. it has an option to add an S/D card for tunes. we downloaded a bunch of tunes 300+ set the GPS volume settings at ALMOST max for the "media" option and i can tell you, at 120KPH (70-80mph for or southern riders) its damn loud. by using the volume leveling(?) option CAS i think it is, turns itself down at the stoplights and cranks it self back up when you get going again. no fussing with adding amplifiers or new speakers. it has to be at least 3 times louder than the radio. just MHO.
Have you tried the USB input in the left saddebag? It is also much louder than the radio. Most of us who have gone through the trouble of adding amps and speakers have used many different sources with the stock system. Loud, doesn't necessarily mean quality. Quality will be a subjective thing. If you are satisfied with what you have, by all means, I wouldn't go any farther than you have. You are in the majority of F6B owners. Some of us,though, are not satisfied with what is possible with the OEM equipment. You might not be either once you heard mine.
I have nothing stock in the audio department on my bike.