First real ride
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First real ride

First real ride

This won't take long.....I love this bike, as everyone said I would. Two things that stand out. First, the smoothness of the ride....shifting, ease of handling, and comfort. Second, the way she takes a sweeping corner when you lean her in and she just holds the line, like just point the way and ride me out. Such a huge change. I'm taking a day off tomorrow just to ride her again.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

It only gets better !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Know the feeling--came back after couple of years on a Harley--again--just missed the power!!!!

Glad you're loving it, I can relate!
    I took off Friday to ride, had to go out Saturday and Sunday also, it won't stay this nice in these parts for much longer.
    This thing is a blast to ride whether you're putting or flying along. I'll admit that there are times I exceed the posted limits on some of the lonely rural roads out here, but when passing through little towns it's just as much fun to go 20 in a 25 while passing through because the F6B is soooo stable.
    My initial riding style was to shift too low which made for loud shifts, after reading the many "shift at or above 3k" posts I've adopted that method and it's all clunk-free shifting now.
    A little pre-load on 2 through 5 on the upshift and it's a smooth as an automatic.
    This is NOT the "old man" bike I thought it would be!

It's about bloody time!

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    This won't take long.....I love this bike, as everyone said I would. Two things that stand out. First, the smoothness of the ride....shifting, ease of handling, and comfort. Second, the way she takes a sweeping corner when you lean her in and she just holds the line, like just point the way and ride me out. Such a huge change. I'm taking a day off tomorrow just to ride her again.
    You want to be even more amazed? Install a SuperBrace on her front forks.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Amen...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Glad you're loving it, I can relate!
    I took off Friday to ride, had to go out Saturday and Sunday also, it won't stay this nice in these parts for much longer.
    This thing is a blast to ride whether you're putting or flying along. I'll admit that there are times I exceed the posted limits on some of the lonely rural roads out here, but when passing through little towns it's just as much fun to go 20 in a 25 while passing through because the F6B is soooo stable.
    My initial riding style was to shift too low which made for loud shifts, after reading the many "shift at or above 3k" posts I've adopted that method and it's all clunk-free shifting now.
    A little pre-load on 2 through 5 on the upshift and it's a smooth as an automatic.
    This is NOT the "old man" bike I thought it would be!
    I don't have shifting complaints on this bike like others have mentioned. I'm very happy with low rpm shifts. I haven't really opened her up yet with any kind of power band. Top speed 70 at cruise speed on the highway....but I can sure feel it there! I had an M109 Suzuki before this. Try shifting that even brand new. This is butta!

Maybe because I don't do many mods, maybe because I'm not that aggressive a rider, but I don't see any need to improve this. if I ever feel a wobble during time, I could agree and say ya. I'm aware of posts here that mention that, and the slight effort to keep it straight up. I feel none of that. Maybe the 15 is improved a tad, and as I said, I'm not that aggressive to notice.

These responses are what I love about forums too...all the experiences of everyone. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I don't have shifting complaints on this bike like others have mentioned. I'm very happy with low rpm shifts. I haven't really opened her up yet with any kind of power band. Top speed 70 at cruise speed on the highway....but I can sure feel it there! I had an M109 Suzuki before this. Try shifting that even brand new. This is butta!

Maybe because I don't do many mods, maybe because I'm not that aggressive a rider, but I don't see any need to improve this. if I ever feel a wobble during time, I could agree and say ya. I'm aware of posts here that mention that, and the slight effort to keep it straight up. I feel none of that. Maybe the 15 is improved a tad, and as I said, I'm not that aggressive to notice.

These responses are what I love about forums too...all the experiences of everyone. Very helpful.
    I have a 2015 Deluxe too. The SuperBrace has improved the ride. You don't have to be an aggressive rider to experience the improvement.

Let me try to make an analogy here; Have you ever had sex with someone? And then had REALLY GOOD sex with someone else? Why settle for normal?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I have a 2015 Deluxe too. The SuperBrace has improved the ride. You don't have to be an aggressive rider to experience the improvement.

Let me try to make an analogy here; Have you ever had sex with someone? And then had REALLY GOOD sex with someone else? Why settle for normal?
    Ohhhh...now I get it!