Ergo II's vs Ergo III's.....

Thread: Ergo II's vs Ergo III's.....

Ergo II's vs Ergo III's.....

that is the question. Which do you prefer and why. I know there are other options but I am just asking about these two, which do you like the bestest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    that is the question. Which do you prefer and why. I know there are other options but I am just asking about these two, which do you like the bestest
    I installed the Ergo II's 14 months ago and have had plenty of opportunity to use them. They have great adjustment parameters and I found a setting which comfortably suits my 32" inseam. The only draw back on the Kury's is they are painted and not powder coated Minor chipping down to the chrome is evident on both left and right pegs. For the money spent they should have been powder coated IMHO!

I ordered the II's, went to put them on and the manufacturers threading was messed up so I sent them back and waited for the III's

Seems to me the only different is that the III's have a feature when they arnt in use the pegs spring up and ride higher.

I personally like that. My inseam is 29" and can reach them very comfortably and I do not have them installed as close to me as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I had the Ergo II's on my Valkyrie.
    I installed the Ergo III's on my F6B. I wanted to try them since we had not installed them and tried them out ourselves.
    I like the adjustablity of the Ergo III's better and the fact that they go down when you put your feet on them and stay up when not in use. They are a lot more adjustable then what most people think. They are more, worth it if you want to spend a little more.

Has anyone drug them cornering?
    That is the ergo 3's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Has anyone drug them cornering?
    That is the ergo 3's.

My first twisty trip with The Ergo's III's was a few weeks ago. I took NC Hwy 181 up to the parkway by myself so I got to go at my own pace which was more spirited than normal. I had the Ergo III's flipped out and there was a few times I thought I had to of scraped the pegs but after inspection no indication of scraping. You have to remember that than sit a lot higher when you feet are not on them. I dont ride the twisties with my feet on these pegs though. If I had tried I am sure they would have scraped. I gotta have my feet ready to shift when riding that aggressive.

I agree I was wondering about the arms if they rub I have had my foot drag if only slightly hanging off pegs. Are tthey difficult is it to open them up while in motion? Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    I agree I was wondering about the arms if they rub I have had my foot drag if only slightly hanging off pegs. Are tthey difficult is it to open them up while in motion? Thanks
    I find them pretty easy to open or close.