POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 16

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Dropped Isleen off at Pensacola Motorsports today.
    Her parts for recall were in - yes, for F6B and not Wing, and she'll get her 16,000 mile servicing, plus the 12,000 mile servicing of clutch and front brake fluids.
    She's also getting new shoes.
    They are also going to look at the silicon bubbles embedded in my paint job. These are not a result of wear - these are the result of improper painting procedures and processes.
    In addition, they are going to check the radiator fans - the right one ( as I have mentioned in a past thread) seems to vibrate a lot more than anyone else's I have seen.

I also told them to go "stem to stern" and tell me if they thought anything else needed servicing.
    Not that I will authorize them to do it - I just want to know.
    Cheers,
    steve
    Well, I got her back today and Pensacola Motorsports did a good job. No leaking, removed parts available for viewing, they were incredibly accommodating.
    The rest of her "spa week" went fine, new tires (OEMs), 16,000 mile service including the clutch and front brake fluid drain & replace.
    They gave me a military discount as well.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Just got my brake recall done. My B was the wrench's 62nd recall service. Got to ride it home though the mountains in the rain to test out the new brakes.

The wrench said the new master cylinders have different valving and should work better than the originals. No problems to report so far. Will give it a once over later.

Cool

Got it done a couple weeks ago, no problems, Haps does a nice job

Well after my rear brake lockup fiasco I must give two thumbs up the Big Valley Honda in Reno,NV.It did take them a week and a half to get the recall parts but in there defense I was not a scheduled customer and they had just used there last F6B parts on another bike.The tech has done around 60 or so and has it down to a hour and a half.I also had him bleed the front brakes and clutch plus change out the coolant.Got all that done for 150.00 which I felt was fair.Everything was great and tight with no broken parts.I must say on the ride home the brakes feel much more positive and the rear peddle which always felt a little spongy is really good now.Again I am the 4th brake lockup this dealer has had over the last few years so even though it is rare it can happen and it is not fun when it does so if your on the fence about getting this recall done you have been warned

2013 ABS

Just had mine done at Carter Motorsports Vancouver. Took the tech 3 hours, start to finish. Brakes seemed fine before the work, but the front lever does feel firmer, more immediate now.

Mine goes in on Thursday, weekend is supposed to finally be warm,

had my recall done on April 4th. Dealer where i bought bike didnt wanna fool with it .Took all my business north. Much better dealer

Quote Originally Posted by pickensf6b View Post
    had my recall done on April 4th. Dealer where i bought bike didnt wanna fool with it .Took all my business north. Much better dealer
    WTH?!?!
    On the other hand: If this was their way of saying "I don't know how to do it correctly" then good for them for not mucking it up.
    Seems like dealers are the weak link.

your probably right. I figured if they didnt wanna do something Honda was gonna pay em for I was not gonna give em anymore of my green backs

Picked mine up yesterday, all is good. The brakes feel very firm now. My dealer has done over 90 bikes so far with this recall.