How does the F6B work for 2-up touring? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does the F6B work for 2-up touring?

We do a lot of long trips. Coming off a Honda Interstate that I loved. Just got my F6B and so far my wife loves it. 600 miles on the bike and some woman broadsided me. Still waiting on the insurance adjuster to let me know. Anyway, for the short time my wife was on it, she thought it was a great.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    My wife hadn't ridden in years because of the Harley vibrations. She absolutely loves the F6B. She's with me so much now I'm thinking about trading for another Harley...BSEG.
    that's funny!!

You guys are not going to believe this, but the wife says the stock seat is by far the most comfortable he has ever sat on---and she has sat on a number of Saddleman, Corbin, Mustang and Drag Specialities seats. After having the Mustang tuck and roll on for a few weeks, SHE IS TICKED OFF AND WON'T GET OVER IT. She says the stock is much better. She wants me to switch them out when she rides and you guys know what kind of job that is. But I am having a hard time convincing her that the $540 add on is better than stock. Go figure---this has never happened on ANY other bike.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    You guys are not going to believe this, but the wife says the stock seat is by far the most comfortable he has ever sat on---and she has sat on a number of Saddleman, Corbin, Mustang and Drag Specialities seats. After having the Mustang tuck and roll on for a few weeks, SHE IS TICKED OFF AND WON'T GET OVER IT. She says the stock is much better. She wants me to switch them out when she rides and you guys know what kind of job that is. But I am having a hard time convincing her that the $540 add on is better than stock. Go figure---this has never happened on ANY other bike.
    Had a similar experience. Rode over to Daytona and tried an Ultimate seat. I liked it, but she didn't...so I saved $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    Had a similar experience. Rode over to Daytona and tried an Ultimate seat. I liked it, but she didn't...so I saved $1000.
    Same here, my wife loves it, I hate it. Looking for someone to reshape it for me and leave the back alone. Spencer seats did that for me on my C14, only he reshaped the back for her and left mine alone. He won't work on GW or F6 seats. I want better foam and the riser reshaped and I will be happy. My wife does say nothing beats the Wing seat but the F6 is close.

backrest extension....

Can you post a link to the backrest extensions sold please?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Passenger backrest extension is a must! One of our members sells them on e bay.

Other than that a taller windshield and Baker Hand Wings.
    (wings reduce buffeting on passenger)

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisGray View Post
    Can you post a link to the backrest extensions sold please?
    See post #10 above; Steve makes these. I'd PM him for the most current status.

... and maybe others can link some threads showing them installed.

This would be your new height with the STEVE'O backrest extension. It is perfect in my wifeys opinion.

I have a lil MOLLE bag that fits right under the cushion, faces foward which is perfect for a cell phone or camera. Wife doesn't know it is there. But she can reach behind and pull out her phone if she wants to surf or GPS us while driving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

My wife is kind of on the small side. She loves the F6B seat and the regular back rest. I've asked her if she wants Steve's backrest and all she does is cus and say that crazy maniac made it? Kidding a side- it is a good product.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

'nuff said