No love for the stock mini shield. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No love for the stock mini shield.

I love the look of the factory shield. As stated earlier, that's part of the look that caused me to fall in love with the B. I have what I believe to be an F4 20" (?) shield with vent the previous owner had installed. It's going to be great as the weather turns cooler. He also gave me the factory shorty and it will get some use during warmer weather. Wearing a full face modular helmet and coming from a naked sport bike, 1986 Yamaha Fazer, the amount of wind I get with the shorty shield is still a fraction of what I'm used to. Add me to the list of those like the factory shield.

Never Experienced the Shorty shield

As mine was gone before the deluxe ever left the dealership. A fine 19 inch bagger shield was in its place and the shorty is still on the shelf where I put it on its return to my home.

The short shield was one of the key things that drew me to the B. Since I haven't had a shield on my last several bikes I have no desire to change. I love the look, I love the wind.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

I rode mine home November of last year with the OEM installed at a temp of about 70 degrees for 360 miles of I-95 with my 3/4 helmet. Trying to hear the audio was a true waste at anything above 40 mph. So it comes down to if you like the looks or tunes, but you can't have both without earbuds.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old Ryder, I will totally agree with your comment about having "looks or tunes but you can't have both". The way I think about it is, I can change the screen in close to five minutes so I try to decide which screen I want before I leave on the nice days. Hey I have a tall screen on at the moment because I ride to work some mornings at 5am and it can be cool that time of day.

If I had it to do all over again

http://aviciouscycle.ca/MainPages/pr...productid=1088

I would have tried this first. I have owned a few MRA's over the years. I probably would still end up with the Madstad, but I would have tried this first.

Smaller versions worked well on my Victorys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MRA X-Creen

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    The small stock shield gets no love. But I like it. Although, I use a full face helmet so that helps. I really like the unconstructed view of the road and the cool look of the bike. Anyone else like this configuration? Here is my 6 after an twilight local ride tonight. Very refreshing.

This little addition will completely transform your stock screen from a useless hunk of plastic to a very functional, multi-setting shield. I have the bolt-on tour version that can be bought at www.twistedthrottle.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

My deal was the bugs on my helmet shield. We're I to use the stock one, I'd have to clean my helmet at least every 100 miles. Shorty Clearview? Hardly ever.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gone back to the OEM shield

Like most of you I bought a larger shield (Baggershield) but found it too hot in the summer here in NorCal so I bought a shorter opaque CB Bailey so I could get some air to my helmet vents like I do on my K1600GT. This combination of fresh air, cool looks and an open horizon view led me to consider the OEM again so I wrapped it in black shiny vinyl and now I love it again! Anyone want to sell me their OEM in perfect condition so that can paint it? $100 shipped to California!

PM sent my friend