New rubber for the VTX

Thread: New rubber for the VTX

New rubber for the VTX

I've been running a CT on my VTX for many years and the wear indicators are just starting to show. The front Metzler is old also and showing many sidewall cracks. Picked up up a nail in the CT last week and rather than patch I'm putting on new Avons on both ends. I do not put many miles on this bike and my remaining riding years are getting limited so this is most likely the last time it will get new shoes by me. All my love and attention is going to the F6B.
    IMG_4763.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I've been running a CT on my VTX for many years and the wear indicators are just starting to show. The front Metzler is old also and showing many sidewall cracks. Picked up up a nail in the CT last week and rather than patch I'm putting on new Avons on both ends. I do not put many miles on this bike and my remaining riding years are getting limited so this is most likely the last time it will get new shoes by me. All my love and attention is going to the F6B.
    IMG_4763.JPG
    I love VTX, I have an 1800F 2005, and I haven't ride this bike since I bought my F6B last year. My bike still have Metzler tires. I really like those tires because they last longer, for me anyway, than other brands. I'm still try to sell, reluctantly I might add, my VTX but I need the money to add to the payments for my F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    I love VTX, I have an 1800F 2005, and I haven't ride this bike since I bought my F6B last year. My bike still have Metzler tires. I really like those tires because they last longer, for me anyway, than other brands. I'm still try to sell, reluctantly I might add, my VTX but I need the money to add to the payments for my F6B.
    I have the same bike, luv her and she's not going anywhere. New set of Metzler ready for the random times I take her out

Interesting enough the new back tire did not require any weights. He said it did not have a dot so He just put it on and it was balanced, perfect wheel and perfect tire. I've only had that happen once before on another bike.
    IMG_4623.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Interesting enough the new back tire did not require any weights. He said it did not have a dot so He just put it on and it was balanced, perfect wheel and perfect tire. I've only had that happen once before on another bike.
    IMG_4623.JPG
    Sometimes we get lucky!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I love the Avon Cobras and ran them on my VYX and now run them on my B but it has a lot to do with riding style. I tend to ride more aggressive than not so I want a tire that will hold the curve when I learn her over and the Cobras have been proven to do that. If you're gonna ride parade style a couple times a year then I wouldn't spend the money.

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver
    wide variety of music on the USB

Going to CTs on two different bikes I did not experience much negative at all. But switching back to a bike tire the first thing I noticed is how much better and smoother the bike feels when leaning into a curve. That is on both bikes. I still have a CT on one GW rim so will be running it for a while but glad to have the ability to switch back and forth with tires. Any one is welcome to try this CT out if you catch me with it on the bike and will prob be on at the West rally.