Man! This F6B is Smooth & Fast at 100! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man! This F6B is Smooth & Fast at 100!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    definite adrenaline rush! Oh, by the way, I was blasting thru the warm as soup air with the stock windshield. Planning to get the Klockwerks flare but Canadamotorcycle is out of stock of the dark smoke and want $50 odd more for the lighter tint. Which I do not understand.
    Go with a clearview! You will be more than happy ! they have light smoke..or dark!They don't up charge!I think they ship just about anywhere?
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by F6BLK View Post
    3rd gear at 4 grand ain't bad either!
    Yeah 4grand is a real sweet spot in every gear That's how I've been riding mine

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    For me...it is the lower speed pulling power...climbing a steep grade, the black bitch bent over moaning and grabbing at the road ahead,,,perfect!
    My sentiments, exactly.
    No steep grades around here, but those long sweeping on-ramps onto the highways are where I lay my black bitch over and give 'er.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Thanks to my new F6B, I just received my first-ever speeding citation
    (Mr and Mrs Scotrod both )

Just because you are in 'stealth' mode now doesn't mean you're invisible!!!

(Glad you fixed that avatar!!! LOL!!!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Yeah 4grand is a real sweet spot in every gear That's how I've been riding mine
    Quote Originally Posted by F6BLK View Post
    3rd gear at 4 grand ain't bad either!
    I think I get it but not so sure. Whats so special about 4grand RPM for you gents. I really never paid very much attention but I do often shift her at 5-5500 RPM. Sure is nice having a tach. Never had one on my VTX 1800.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    I think I get it but not so sure. Whats so special about 4grand RPM for you gents. I really never paid very much attention but I do often shift her at 5-5500 RPM. Sure is nice having a tach. Never had one on my VTX 1800.
    Shift a little sooner...say about 4,200 RPM you will be quicker. The F6B flat 6 engine makes max torque at between 4,100 and 4,400 RPM and it is torque that moves ya.
    When you twist this engine to 5k and beyond you have gone out of the power range and will not be as quick.
    Want to have some fun and get a thrill...take off in second gear, go WOT and shift at 4,200 RPM, keep this up all the way to fifth gear.
    Attachment 8219

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Want to have some fun and get a thrill...take off in second gear, go WOT and shift at 4,200 RPM, keep this up all the way to fifth gear.
    That won't take long...

Neither will this --->

Steve in OR

A velcro back brace from any pharmacy would be a very good idea, just put it on under a t shirt or two, nobody will know and your back can heal properly( this coming from a X Ray tech, that used to ride around with his leg in a cast and a cane bungeed to the back of his bike, till the leg fractures healed).
    But I understand the need for speed, I grok along letting cars pass me on the back country scenics, till that moment on the highway on ramps where the engine shows some sound and the tach somes interest.
    ss^,
    Ken

A velcro back brace from any pharmacy would be a very good idea, just put it on under a t shirt or two, nobody will know and your back can heal properly( this coming from a X Ray tech, that used to ride around with his leg in a cast and a cane bungeed to the back of his bike, till the leg fractures healed).
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    I'm an Xray tech, too. Good to know another one is here.

And, hope you get better soon, lucky.