VOZZ Helmets

Thread: VOZZ Helmets

VOZZ Helmets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnydMibNojo

Some great technology here, not available in the US yet but I'd be curious on the price.

I just saw this on another forum. Interesting idea. I will have to read more about it, see how much it weighs. I do like my modular carbon fiber helmet.

I see the weight is 1780 grams, which is 3.92423 lbs. To heavy

http://www.vozzhelmets.com/the-helmet.html

Neat concept, but is heavier than my Shoei Quest.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reminds me of rear entry ski boots.

What are the advantages to this helmet ? It can't be used like a conventional modular helmet and I don't buy all of the stated safety features. Having it split and hinged down the middle would probably weaken the structural integrity. Why would the EMT's need to carry yet another piece of gear, an RFID scanner to remove a helmet ? For the rolled bottom edge to have any snag value as the video states, riders would have to be devoid of shoulders and chests which would catch the pavement first, not the underside of the helmet. As for being strapless, a buckled strap is probably just as quick, only one buckle to release versus 2 on removal.

The only possible plus sides I see is not raking your face going in and out and getting your head out with neck injuries (with additional tools).

I think that style of helmet may not catch on... As mentioned above; first responders would have an issue with it (would take awhile for the familiarity of the helmet to catch on).

Personally I would feel uncomfortable without a chin strap.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Reminds me of rear entry ski boots.

What are the advantages to this helmet ? It can't be used like a conventional modular helmet and I don't buy all of the stated safety features. Having it split and hinged down the middle would probably weaken the structural integrity. Why would the EMT's need to carry yet another piece of gear, an RFID scanner to remove a helmet ? For the rolled bottom edge to have any snag value as the video states, riders would have to be devoid of shoulders and chests which would catch the pavement first, not the underside of the helmet. As for being strapless, a buckled strap is probably just as quick, only one buckle to release versus 2 on removal.

The only possible plus sides I see is not raking your face going in and out and getting your head out with neck injuries (with additional tools).
    The hinge is actually toward the rear, not down the middle, in the last quarter of the helmet. As far as modular helmets, I never got that, living in a 4 season state you really need two helmets, just like windshields, one for fall/winter and one for spring /summer and in NYC it is illegal to ride with the modular flipped up, and why would you want to anyway. Although I am a SIMPSON loyalist since the early 80's for the full face I would be interested in testing this technology. The EMT'S would only need a flat head screwdriver to release the front and the rear would act as a headrest for the injured rider.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The hinge is actually toward the rear, not down the middle, in the last quarter of the helmet. As far as modular helmets, I never got that, living in a 4 season state you really need two helmets, just like windshields, one for fall/winter and one for spring /summer and in NYC it is illegal to ride with the modular flipped up, and why would you want to anyway. Although I am a SIMPSON loyalist since the early 80's for the full face I would be interested in testing this technology. The EMT'S would only need a flat head screwdriver to release the front and the rear would act as a headrest for the injured rider.
    Made me laugh when I connected your second to last sentence; with your last. Please don't be a willing subject to test it in that respect.

As far as modular's go... never imagined nor even seeing anyone riding around with the modular flipped up. I own a HJC modular myself.

Imagine EMT's trying to figure out how to remove this particular helmet... all of them are used to\trained for the conventional types. I think unintentionally post accident severed spinal cords are in the making for this type helmet; regarding that slant... until they are well known and distributed, and EMT's are aware.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Made me laugh when I connected your second to last sentence; with your last. Please don't be a willing subject to test it in that respect.

As far as modular's go... never imagined nor even seeing anyone riding around with the modular flipped up. I own a HJC modular myself.

Imagine EMT's trying to figure out how to remove this particular helmet... all of them are used to\trained for the conventional types. I think unintentionally post accident severed spinal cords are in the making for this type helmet; regarding that slant... until they are well known and distributed, and EMT's are aware.
    Maybe not in MD but in NYC flipped up modulars are a regular sighting. If the cops chase them they go down the street the wrong way and if a car is coming - on the sidewalk. seen it happen over and over, cops don't even bother. A large majority of Cops, Fire and EMT's here are riders anyway so they are on top of the latest. Try unhooking your grandson's car seat in a hurry, you need a video tutorial.

shooter
    Personally guys I'm not wearing a helmet to make it easier for the EMT. I'm wearing a helmet that gives me the best protection that I can afford and is comfortable enough that I don't mind wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Personally guys I'm not wearing a helmet to make it easier for the EMT. I'm wearing a helmet that gives me the best protection that I can afford and is comfortable enough that I don't mind wearing it.
    Shooter, nice to hear from you. Anyway, that's why I've been with SIMPSON since the 80's. Although this helmet would make it easier to get it on/off my pear/avocado shaped head. The other draw is no buffeting and it seals around the neck. Riding till there is snow on the ground here gets you in some real cold weather and that chin area is the weak spot for drafts to get in and the VOZZ helmet's chin cup may be the answer, I'd be willing to test it. I'd be sort of like their guinea pig, no pun intended.